Mike Heil
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious.

Do you need a storm brother present at the battle to add the die? Or does this make all your battles one stronger?

Here is how it's worded in PDF (which has been wrong a few times.)

Whirlwind (pre-Battle): When a battle is declared involving your unit (not a lone building), you may add 1 battle die to your combat total and relocate any storm brothers (from any areas) to the battle area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Andriot
France
flag msg tools
Originaly all Whirlwind did was letting you move Storm Brothers. The extra dice was added to make the Storm Brothers more appealing as a unit, since they are otherwise only expensive barbarians.

So yes I believe it is the intended rule that the extra dice is only added if a Storm Brother show up. This is what make the most thematical sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Lox
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Decarcassor wrote:
Originaly all Whirlwind did was letting you move Storm Brothers. The extra dice was added to make the Storm Brothers more appealing as a unit, since they are otherwise only expensive barbarians.

So yes I believe it is the intended rule that the extra dice is only added if a Storm Brother show up. This is what make the most thematical sense.

This is my understanding as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Decarcassor wrote:

If that is indeed the way it is intended to work then I'm hoping the wording gets changed. Right now it reads like to separate options you have that can be picked separately from one another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.