United States
Thornton
Dark Side of the Moon
flag msg tools
Serving the Emperor since 1971
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

As GenCon is further in the distance we are getting excited for the game's full release and Worlds - here's to hoping you get in (we're crossing our fingers).

Carl, Doug, and I would like to know if you have any questions for us. We already have a few from various folks (Kakita Jake, Eric, Barrie) and we're always open for more. If you have anything in particular you'd like to hear from us let us know.

Thanks for listening.

https://artofwarcast.podbean.com/

Tobin
-tpl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
msg tools
mbmbmb
Tips on how to keep all the rules in one's head at the same time?

By the way, I've been really enjoying the 'cast in general and the last few in particular. You guys are great - excellent chemistry, thorough yet light - not too gamey. Plus, I can listen with my daughter in the car!

I also appreciate how you've touched on a lot of cards while still leaving things open to individual interpretation.

Great work!

(Kinda serious about the rules, though...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobin Lopes
United States
Thornton
Dark Side of the Moon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for listening!

We're happy to hear you listen with your daughter. Although in the interest of full disclosure there may be some intermittent cursing (mostly me - the Dad in the group) but I try to keep it to a minimum.

As for the rules, and internalizing them, yes, we can certainly discuss this.

-tpl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's been a lot of concern about tournament round lengths and tie breaker rules. I think that's mostly been informed by the Gencon tournament and how many matches went to time. That's probably an unfair gauge for this game since the majority of players were new to the rules.

1.) Can you guys maybe talk about the current tie breaker rules and if you think they are a good approach?

2.) Can you maybe discuss what your preferred format would be for L5R OP?

I personally like the 1 game per week type league play that the BCL league did for Conquest and the Disco League is currently doing for L5R. It allows for a more relaxed atmosphere and less of a need for tie breaker rules. I was kind of hoping FFG OP support would have some sort of league play (maybe as part of their game night kits)with collected metrics on winning clans having an impact in some way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobin Lopes
United States
Thornton
Dark Side of the Moon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your questions!

Hear most answers in our latest episode!

https://artofwarcast.podbean.com/e/episode-11-good-morning-r...

Again, thanks for listening! Enjoy!

-tpl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
msg tools
mbmbmb
Woohoo! I'm famous!

At least I guess I shouldn't feel too bad for wanting a flow chart, if judges are still getting their heads around everything.

Thanks, guys! Great job as always.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good discussion guys. I do think using the GNK to run league nights at your local game stores is probably the smartest way to go. I feel that is a much better fit for L5R most of the time for lower level play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.