BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Southeast

Subject: Meet-ups in Austin rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandra M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend recently moved to Austin, and has no friends or people to play with! She is a smart lady with a Masters degree, in her mid/late twenties, but isn't super intense with games. She likes most types of games (but hasn't played much Ameritrash as far as I can tell - mainly euros, and nothing too heavy, but I think she could probably handle and enjoy the heavy stuff once she worked up to it.)

Games she enjoys include Pandemic, Istanbul, Carcasonne, Catan with expansions, the Harry Potter Deck-Building Game and more!

Does anyone know a good place for her to meet up? It can be a little intense to meet people and she'd love a great place to start!

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alexangiraffe wrote:
My friend recently moved to Austin, and has no friends or people to play with! She is a smart lady with a Masters degree, in her mid/late twenties, but isn't super intense with games. She likes most types of games (but hasn't played much Ameritrash as far as I can tell - mainly euros, and nothing too heavy, but I think she could probably handle and enjoy the heavy stuff once she worked up to it.)

Games she enjoys include Pandemic, Istanbul, Carcasonne, Catan with expansions, the Harry Potter Deck-Building Game and more!

Does anyone know a good place for her to meet up? It can be a little intense to meet people and she'd love a great place to start!

Thanks

When I pass through Austin, I like to go to the Emerald Tavern Game Cafe and Dragon's Lair game store. They both seem active, have decent play space, and appear to have regulars.

Emerald Tavern: http://www.emeraldtaverngames.com/

Dragon's Lair: http://dlair.net/austin/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
which Austin?

Austin, Arkansas
Austin, Colorado
Austin, Illinois:
Austin Township, Macon County, Illinois
Austin, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois
Austin, Indiana
Austin, Kentucky
Austin, Minnesota
Austin, Missouri
Austin, Nevada
Austin, Ohio
Austin, Oregon
Austin County, Texas (note that the city of Austin, Texas is located in Travis County)
Austin, Manitoba
Austin, Ontario
Austin, Quebec
Austin Island, Nunavut

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_(disambiguation)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandra M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Texas! Good point haha. I am a lowly Canadian who just automatically thought of that as being the only one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
which Austin?

Austin, Arkansas
Austin, Colorado
Austin, Illinois:
Austin Township, Macon County, Illinois
Austin, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois
Austin, Indiana
Austin, Kentucky
Austin, Minnesota
Austin, Missouri
Austin, Nevada
Austin, Ohio
Austin, Oregon
Austin County, Texas (note that the city of Austin, Texas is located in Travis County)
Austin, Manitoba
Austin, Ontario
Austin, Quebec
Austin Island, Nunavut

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_(disambiguation)

To be fair, this is the Southeast Forum, so All but maybe Kentucky and Arkansas Austins could probably be removed from your list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alexangiraffe wrote:
Texas! Good point haha. I am a lowly Canadian who just automatically thought of that as being the only one

I just moved to Austin (TX) and found some leads on gaming groups in the guild for Austin. It led to some game store and Meetup links.

You also could try posting in the Southwest forum, which is the one that covers TX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.