8 Posts

Too Many Bones» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some more Tink questions! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michel B
msg tools
Greetings!

So I just started trying out Tink, got confused and went and rewatched Adam's tutorial video on youtube. I'm still iffy about a few points and maybe you guys can clear things up for me;

1- I MUST roll the build die before round 1 and place it in slot 6. Can I choose to spend dex to re-roll, say, 2 more times in the same turn? (2 dex for 2 more rolls) or am I limited to only re-rolling once per turn for 1 dex?

2- I can spend 1 dex to up my bots battery power ONLY when it's in my prep area and only once per turn. Can I increase bot #1's power, deploy it, get bot #2 ready and increase it's power? Is it 1 increase per bot or per turn?

3- The "Bot Mod" back up plan ( 1 bone ) says "exhaust 1 attachment on any adj/diag bot to attach any 1 learned attachment. Adam's video said you needed a build die pointing to the attachment you wanted to do that. My question is can I attach "any 1 learned attachment" like the reference sheet implies or only if I have an unused build die pointing to it? (this would suck)

4- When my bot dies, all of it's attachments are exhausted, right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Roeder
Germany
flag msg tools
1) Since it doesn't specifically state "once a turn" this should be possible.

2) Once a turn means once a turn. So in case you have done it for bot#1 then it's not possible to do it again in the same turn.

3)hm good one. I read it as really any 1 you've learned. Have to check the vid again.

4) correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3) Any learned attachment still on your character mat. Doesnt have to be pointed to by a build die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel B
msg tools
Thanks for the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michel B wrote:

1- I MUST roll the build die before round 1 and place it in slot 6. Can I choose to spend dex to re-roll, say, 2 more times in the same turn? (2 dex for 2 more rolls) or am I limited to only re-rolling once per turn for 1 dex?

baggl wrote:
1) Since it doesn't specifically state "once a turn" this should be possible.

Whoa whoa whoa. Point out to me in the rule book where it allows you to roll a die more than one time on your turn. As far as I can tell, there's nowhere that is mentioned.

Step 5 of the Gearloc Turn on page 19 says:

Quote:
Select and Roll Your Dice: Your remaining Dex
represents how many dice you may roll. The
dice you may choose from are determined by
your current Atk Stat, Def Stat, and available
Skill dice (e.g. If I have a current Atk Stat of 2, Def
Stat of 1, and 3 available/rollable Skills, I have 6 dice
I can choose from to roll. If my Dex is 3 and I did not
move this turn, I can only choose 3 of those 6 dice
options).

The way I read this, you choose what dice you want to roll up to your DEX and roll all of them, then resolve the roll as per step 6 on that same page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel B
msg tools
I think Tink might have slightly varied rules because you wouldn't roll all of your dice at the same time.. You need to know what attachments you can put on your bot (via the build die you roll), and then actually decide which your attaching and then deploy the bot. Then you'd move yourself and your bot with some more dex and finally roll your attack and defense dice along with the attachments...

Also another question, with the alternator attachment I'm assuming the bot's health cant go above his starting health, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Sua
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1)You get a free roll before the battle starts. Anytime after that you can choose to re roll it at the cost of 1dex but only once per turn.

2)You can only use this ability once per turn.

3)It doesn't need to have an arrow pointed at it to select. the only requirement is that you have already learned the attachment

4)When your bot dies all the attachments are exhausted. Correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Roeder
Germany
flag msg tools
killblue2 wrote:
1)You get a free roll before the battle starts. Anytime after that you can choose to re roll it at the cost of 1dex but only once per turn.

2)You can only use this ability once per turn.

3)It doesn't need to have an arrow pointed at it to select. the only requirement is that you have already learned the attachment

4)When your bot dies all the attachments are exhausted. Correct

Was this stated somewhere from CTG? Especially 3)? Because in his tutorial video Adam says that you have to use an attachment where the build die is pointing to...maybe there was an errata...

I think for 3) there was an errata, because the backup plan is not usable the way Adam explains it in his video. as soon you deploy a bot with attachments (the build die is exhausted after deployment) you could't use the plan unless you'd have learned build 2.0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.