Subject: Several rule questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The rules specifies, that if you take a card from a tower already occupied, using a bonus action from a card, you still have to pay the 3 coins. What about the other way round? Say, somebody already take a card with a bonus action (traceable, because there are only 3 cards left in the tower, and somebody else occupies a spot on that tower, is (s)he still obliged to pay the three coins?

2) Can neutral family members of several players share a space or area, which has the "one per colour" restriction, or are they considered of the same colour?
EDIT: found answer: yes they can.

3)On cards like Heroe (person age 2 giving you one privilege and the ability to gain one purple card) could you use the privilege to pay the card? I guess, you could, as long you don't pick money to pay the 3 coins for an occupied tower, but since chaining is prohibited on other actions like harvest and production, I'm not sure.

4) Leader Ludovico il Moro: I guess, he also reduces a natural six on any die down to five, right?

5) Leader Lorenzo il Magnifico: I'm sorry, but I don't understand the German rule on him at all. You can not change your choice of the leader you copied, but it is a "once per round" ability. So does that mean, even if you copy a leader with permanent ability, you could use this ability only once per round? Let's say, copying Santa Rita gives you only one double instant resource per round, rather then always double instant resources, like the original card does?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No. The rule is consistent: you pay three extra coins ANY time that you take a card from a tower that already has another worker there. No worker there = no extra cost.

4) Yes, all three dice act as fives. Not good when someone rolls sixes.

I don't have the rules handy, so I'll let others answer 3 & 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Munro-Chitty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
3) No, you cannot use the privilege gained from the card to pay for the card. The rules say you can use the bonus from any 5 or 7 spaces to pay for cards, and that is because you receive the resources as you place your worker on the space. Anything gained from the card itself cannot be used to pay for the card, as the card must be paid for before you receive it's benefits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for answering some of the questions.
colemunrochitty wrote:
Anything gained from the card itself cannot be used to pay for the card, as the card must be paid for before you receive it's benefits.
But this was out of the question. In my example, Hero is a blue card, which gives you a purple card, and the mentioned privilege. My question was, can I use the privilege to buy the purple card, not the blue card itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Munro-Chitty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ha, I see. Yes, in that case, you can gain the privilege from the purchased card, and then use it towards gaining the purple card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Is anybody knowing, how to handle Lorenzo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh, finally got the answer by cross referencing with the Italian rules, which came with the copy, I got. The German (pdf) rules were just wrong on this one. They declared Lorenzo's power to be a "einmalige Sonderfähigkeit pro Runde" (= "Abilità una volta per turno" = "Ability to be used once per round"), while the Italian rule calls it a "Abitiltà permanente" (= "Dauerhafte Sonderfähigkeit" = "permanent ability"), so with that said, his ability is coherent and not worded in a way, contradicting itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
So now I'm seriously puzzled. I received an "authorised English translation of the leader cards", and within Lorenzo is again considered to have a "once per round" ability, like in the German rules, not "permanent" like in Italian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.