Blorg in the Midwest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sprocket and Crop Circle questions (and a couple more) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crick Rock
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
(What a crazy little game! Love the humor and the mechanics!)
Alert: Spoilers everywhere

So, if I already have everything to get the Sprocket out of the Tractor, the requirement tells me to discard Tractor. Does this discard has the same effect as the Event discards (meaning it has to be done with the same side up, or can i choose which side up)?

How does the Crop Circle works? I have to hold tractor, be in the cornfield and the Crop Circle has to show up on the time line, and only then i get to pick it up? Phew..

A couple of extra questions: can i choose to Do nothing just to let the time pass?

The way I'm playing is this:
I choose if I want to discard any item at any time (only once per turn), then I choose one of the 2 actions (either pick an item up, or change my location).
After one of these actions, the time passes.
So, if I need to flip my location to get the last item in the time line, I can't, and I better focus on something else for now because it will flip to the bottom of the discard pile and the chance is gone for now.
Am I playing this correctly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
Katikati
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
CrickRock wrote:
(What a crazy little game! Love the humor and the mechanics!)
Alert: Spoilers everywhere
So, if I already have everything to get the Sprocket out of the Tractor, the requirement tells me to discard Tractor. Does this discard has the same effect as the Event discards (meaning it has to be done with the same side up, or can i choose which side up)?

Good question! Under the definition of "discard" it says "If you have voluntarily discarded then you may choose which side of the card is uppermost, but if you have been forced to discard by an event then you must keep the same side uppermost." I guess that's a bit vague about whether grabbing the sprocket is an event in the same way as other things. The intent was that it is not, because you have chosen to take the sprocket, so you should be allowed to choose which way up the card goes. I probably should clarify the wording in the rules.

CrickRock wrote:
How does the Crop Circle works? I have to hold tractor, be in the cornfield and the Crop Circle has to show up on the time line, and only then i get to pick it up? Phew..

Yes, that's right - it works just like any other object. I know that's not completely realistic, but it wasn't possible to iron out all of the weirdness within the constraints of just 9 cards, at least not unless the rules started listing a whole lot of special cases. I decided to keep the rules as simple as possible, at the cost of a few unrealistic interactions.

CrickRock wrote:
A couple of extra questions: can i choose to Do nothing just to let the time pass?

Yes. The rules say "you may perform one of the following actions per turn, if desired". The intent of the "if desired" was to give you the option to do nothing. I could clarify that.

CrickRock wrote:
The way I'm playing is this:
I choose if I want to discard any item at any time (only once per turn)

Actually, you can discard as many cards as you like whenever you like, as long as you still keep your location card (you have to be somewhere).

CrickRock wrote:
then I choose one of the 2 actions (either pick an item up, or change my location).
After one of these actions, the time passes.
So, if I need to flip my location to get the last item in the time line, I can't, and I better focus on something else for now because it will flip to the bottom of the discard pile and the chance is gone for now.
Am I playing this correctly?

Yes, that's all correct (as long as you're also accounting for the events that could happen between your action and time passing).

Thanks for posting! I hope you have some fun with Blorg and get him/her home safe to his/her Mom/Dad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crick Rock
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you!
The regular sized rules are actually pretty complete.
I just needed to ask because I usually interpret them in a tougher way than I should. But it seems that, in this case, I was correct in my assumptions
Nice puzzle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.