Subject: Goblin Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Taylor Gardner
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
Seems like there are many possibilities for variants when interacting with the Goblins.

I was thinking to be able to utilize the Grottos better, my variant ideas is when you defeat a goblin, instead of returning to your castle, you move to the adjacent Grotto and get the benefit of that Grotto.

Comments and other Goblin variants post here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My #1 variant I'd love to see if with the Legendary Sword after you defeat a Goblin for 2 power you can challenge (restock) that Goblin Portal with a fresh Goblin. This would bring the sword in line with the other Legendary items I feel anyway and make it really worthwhile going for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Gardner
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
My #1 variant I'd love to see if with the Legendary Sword after you defeat a Goblin for 2 power you can challenge (restock) that Goblin Portal with a fresh Goblin. This would bring the sword in line with the other Legendary items I feel anyway and make it really worthwhile going for.

I'm not sure I follow. What do you mean when you say defeat a Goblin for 2 power?

I think I understand the other part. If you defeat the first Goblin, another Goblin will enter onto the board in the same Night Phase.

That sounds like a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think he means:

defeat the goblin

then spend 2 power to challenge another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Gardner
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
Another idea I was thinking of was Goblins continuing to enter the board even if there is already a Goblin in a portal.

Example:

Round 1: Starts as normal

Round 2: Goblins flip to the Angry side as normal

Round 3: Goblins that were not defeated from round 2 flip back to passive side and a 2nd Goblin enters. Now there are 2 Goblins to defeat on that Portal.

Round 4: Both Goblins flip to the Angry side if not defeated.

Round 5: Flip both Goblins back to the passive side and add a 3rd Goblin.

It sounds difficult, I have yet to try it out. But say you're in round 5 and choose to fight 3 Goblins at once. It could be done with the Legendary Sword.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Gardner
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
i think he means:

defeat the goblin

then spend 2 power to challenge another.

Ah, I see.

I think just having Goblins continuing to come out would be something to try. You could just keep pressing your luck and possibly defeat 2 or 3 Goblins in 1 Night Phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tzgardner wrote:
Quote:

I'm not sure I follow. What do you mean when you say defeat a Goblin for 2 power?

I think I understand the other part. If you defeat the first Goblin, another Goblin will enter onto the board in the same Night Phase.

That sounds like a good idea.

Yes sorry I should have used a comma. See the importance of grammar?

It should have read:

"After you defeat a Goblin, for 2 power you can challenge (restock) that Goblin Portal with a fresh Goblin."

Kinda of like the difference between:

"Lets eat, grandma."

and

"Lets eat grandma."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tzgardner wrote:

It sounds difficult, I have yet to try it out. But say you're in round 5 and choose to fight 3 Goblins at once. It could be done with the Legendary Sword.

Boy though, would it make the Legendary Sword more worthwhile. Right now I feel like the sword is kinda pointless, except at the tip! lol To only be able to kill 1 goblin, for me, isn't that big of a deal. It is very rare I think "Man, good thing I got the Sword!" Now the Shield? 100%, the Staff is awesome too while getting up to Spell level X. After that, of course, it can be shelved. Or as I like to do put it on a Heroes back. Looks cool. (For me the back is the side with the cutout)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.