Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So with the new rules/tactic cards the Rebel's shield generator mini's ability of "At the start of each ground battle step, draw one tactic card" means you only get to put one from your discard pile back into your hand now? You don't get 2 tactic cards to use during that combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrranch wrote:
So with the new rules/tactic cards the Rebel's shield generator mini's ability of "At the start of each ground battle step, draw one tactic card" means you only get to put one from your discard pile back into your hand now? You don't get 2 tactic cards to use during that combat?

Have you looked at the new tactics cards? Each is unique and can't be replayed until you exhaust your deck. Being able to return used tactics cards early seems fairly powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Also the new shield generator tactic card is amazing. You get to use the sheild generator as a health battery. Plus bombardment can't trigger if there's a shield generator
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Hanly
Ireland
Chunga Empire
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That cost me my last game when the reb player killed 3 ATATs by redrawing the Towcable Tac card 3 times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rougebladez wrote:
That cost me my last game when the reb player killed 3 ATATs by redrawing the Towcable Tac card 3 times.

There is one tactic card that allows the Imperial to destroy a structure if an AT-AT is present .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marty S wrote:
rougebladez wrote:

There is one tactic card that allows the Imperial to destroy a structure if an AT-AT is present .

it is possible that the card was already used and in the discard pile.
what i am wondering is how many speeders were in the system that you weren't able to destroy them all before 3 rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Hanly
Ireland
Chunga Empire
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it was already in the discard pile before the ATATs went in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
rougebladez wrote:
Yes it was already in the discard pile before the ATATs went in.

Still being able to play it in three separate rounds? Dang...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the power of the Shield Generator Tactics card - it lets you recyle a card from the discard pile.

I just played a game yesterday where I kept the AT-ST Tactic card in reserve and I also had the General Veers Action card ( destroy a Structure a the start of Combat ) . Luckily my opponent had few Structures in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Raduschewski
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the card you pick from the discard pile have to be a Ground tactic card or can you pick any card ( Ground or Space ) with the shield generator ability ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
JensFL wrote:
Does the card you pick from the discard pile have to be a Ground tactic card or can you pick any card ( Ground or Space ) with the shield generator ability ?

Still only ground tactic cards, Generator's ability listed on Rebel faction sheet remains unchanged in expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Tonge
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
rougebladez wrote:

Same happened to me the other day.
You can see my other thread on Rebel turtling, but the summary is they made the rebels an awful lot harder to beat in a prepared ground defence (and if you had 3 AT-AT and still lost that pretty much means it was impossible for you to win that fight)

The advanced tactics cards change the balance of the game quite significantly. Personally, I think it's a poor alteration that wasn't needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stuuk wrote:
rougebladez wrote:

Same happened to me the other day.
You can see my other thread on Rebel turtling, but the summary is they made the rebels an awful lot harder to beat in a prepared ground defence (and if you had 3 AT-AT and still lost that pretty much means it was impossible for you to win that fight)

The advanced tactics cards change the balance of the game quite significantly. Personally, I think it's a poor alteration that wasn't needed.

are you going to house rule it?
play differently in some way?

perhaps if the shield generator could resurrect a card, but not the last one you resurrected....

Do you think shield generators allowing you to play +1 tactic would be stronger or weaker then draw 1 card from the discard?

I realized this should be in the other thread, sorry to clog up the rules thread, i am re-posting it there:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27064373#27064373

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.