Hide
6 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Timing of this particular Win / Lose condition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Fuller
msg tools
I just wanted to check this nail-biting conclusion to my last solo game.

Scenario was "Televised Deathtraps of the Mojoworld" - 6 Woumds in the wound stack, if the wound stack runs out, you lose.

I had one wound card left in the stack. The final Mastermind Tactic was Stryfe - a wound from the Wound stack becomes a Masterstrike that takes effect immediately.

I'm thinking I lost the game as you have to resolve the final tactic card fully before the win kicks in

It was still a great game with a big Iceman combo in the last turn for 26 attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bowie1979 wrote:
I just wanted to check this nail-biting conclusion to my last solo game.

Scenario was "Televised Deathtraps of the Mojoworld" - 6 Woumds in the wound stack, if the wound stack runs out, you lose.

I had one wound card left in the stack. The final Mastermind Tactic was Stryfe - a wound from the Wound stack becomes a Masterstrike that takes effect immediately.

I'm thinking I lost the game as you have to resolve the final tactic card fully before the win kicks in

It was still a great game with a big Iceman combo in the last turn for 26 attack.

You won. I don't think you perform the final tactic, unless doing final blow or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You won the game as soon as you defeated Stryfe! His final tactic card doesn't matter at that point.

Congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
jhochges wrote:
I don't think you perform the final tactic, unless doing final blow or something like that.

Technically speaking, you do the final tactics just in case it affects VP or something.

But in most cases it really doesn't matter.

Either way, you are correct, if final tactic is drawn then you already won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
jhochges wrote:
I don't think you perform the final tactic, unless doing final blow or something like that.

Technically speaking, you do the final tactics just in case it affects VP or something.

Interesting that the Legendary DXP App doesn't implement it that way. It seems that the App is wrong then.

After some research does appear a while ago that Devin did confirm that do you do the effects of the final tactic, but it doesn't effect the win/loss of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:
jhochges wrote:

Interesting that the Legendary DXP App doesn't implement it that way. It seems that the App is wrong then.

After some research does appear a while ago that Devin did confirm that do you do the effects of the final tactic, but it doesn't effect the win/loss of the game.

Thought I'd check it out in the App again, and neither Magneto's Tactic where you rescue bystanders equal to the X-Men you played, or Loki's defeat a villain in the city for free triggered.

We've always played "Final Blow", even before Dark City made it a thing, so I guess I've never really thought about it before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.