United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
We're thinking of making our first trip to Origins next year.

Anyone have input or ideas on housing solutions for a family of 9 (2 adults, 3 teens, 3 kids, 1 toddler).

Most hotels require us to get 2 rooms, which runs $250-300 a night, which is beyond what we are willing to pay. Any that have exceptions (such as suites), or creative ideas are welcome.

Looking into AirBnB too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always had to find an apartment or hostel when I had more than four people.

There are lots of other companies like AirBnB these days.

See this list: https://www.tripping.com/industry/rental-companies/9-airbnb-...

Sometimes universities will rent out dorm rooms for lower rates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
Any suites for that size are exceedingly rare around the convention center. I know there are rentals down high street that is walkable. But they might be more expensive than 2 hotel rooms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may have trouble finding pricing much lower. Not only is Origins that weekend but you also have the Columbus gay pride festival/parade thing that weekend. I suppose you can find cheaper the further away you are willing to stay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hahn
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also check vrbo.com out as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Double Tree is about a mile south of the convention center. We stayed in a king suite this year. I'm not sure if they have larger suites. Booked it through trivago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rakstad
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh... if you find a solution, let me know. I have a family of 8.

I did Gen Con a couple years ago in a camper just east of Indy. I went to the convention while the family camped. Worked fairly well, but need a big enough camper (we also were only 6 at the time).

A condo rental for a week would probably be cheapest. We've done that in Myrtle Beach before. Not sure how many will be available in Columbus, but you can give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.