Jordan Draper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I thought I would take a minute to showcase several ways to fit all of the components using thick glossy Fantasy Flight Supply sleeves into the box.

I will be showing the Captain Edition of the game here, which includes all 4 expansions, the model ships and bonus cards, as well as a 3D printed first player buoy (file available for download on our website: https://darkflightgames.squarespace.com/s/buoy-8wnn.obj

While I realize Western culture is not as interested in saving space, having lived in Tokyo, I am very conscious of space, and reflect this in my designs. I believe in fitting as much content as possible into a small package.

To get started, this is how everything fits in the box without sleeved cards:

With the Fantasy Flight sleeves, it is possible to store everything in the box still, however, you will need to do 2 things. Firstly, you will need to push the shelf tabs on the sides of the box up and flat, and secondly you will need to take the credits out of their bags, and store them under neatly organized ships:

The next option is to simply take out the paper divider all-together. This allows for all content (including the extra unused green ships, which I rush ordered black ships to correct, more on this here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jordandraper/import-exp... Captain Editions include the new black ships by the way):

And finally, the method I prefer and use for my own personal copy, is to cut the paper divider provided, and use it to separate the base game cards and expansion cards from one another. This method provides a comfortable tight fit without room for anything to wiggle around:

You can of course use your own dividers, or make a custom organizer. I designed the box to be customizable to individual needs, and this is why I provided a paper divider instead of a plastic insert. I am still looking for a good source to get sleeves for the Harbor Cards, which are standard Large Size 3.5 x 5.75 inches. If anyone knows of a good source please let me know in the comments.

UPDATE: Harbor Card sleeves found, if you are need of some send me a PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lee
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Andy, you Goonie!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very helpful, Jordan, thanks!

It looks like you're using the FF American Standard (GREEN label) 57mmx89mm sleeves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Draper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ericaustinlee wrote:
Very helpful, Jordan, thanks!

It looks like you're using the FF American Standard (GREEN label) 57mmx89mm sleeves?

Hi Eric,

Glad you found it useful, there are two sleeve sizes here from FF:

12 (Green Label) Standard American Board Game Size - 2.25” x 3.5”
104 Standard Card Game Size - 2.5” x 3.5”

The card sizes in the game are standard Poker and Bridge sized cards. I'm still on the hunt for the 3.5" x 5.75" Harbor Card sized sleeves though! If you know of any sources, let me know.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Sheppard
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
Fooorish Samurai!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jordan Draper wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am still looking for a good source to get sleeves for the Harbor Cards, which are standard Large Size 3.5 x 5.75 inches. If anyone knows of a good source please let me know in the comments.

I found this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Draper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
.Slinky. wrote:
Jordan Draper wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am still looking for a good source to get sleeves for the Harbor Cards, which are standard Large Size 3.5 x 5.75 inches. If anyone knows of a good source please let me know in the comments.

I found this.

Those are the perfect size, I couldn't find anywhere to order them as they are currently in post Kickstarter phase?

I did however do some more digging, and just found these sleeves which are also the exact size and in stock:
http://magecompanygames.com/shop/mcg-premium-giga-ultra-cust...

The only thing is the minimum order is $10, which is over 150 sleeves.. But I went ahead and ordered some, so, if anyone needs some harbor card sleeves, I'll gladly send you 7 for free since I will have too many now.

I'll post some photos here when they arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaiah Tanenbaum
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take you up on that, thank you! I'll PM you to send my address.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Draper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ilta wrote:
I'll take you up on that, thank you! I'll PM you to send my address.

Perfect I'll be sending some along when they arrive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Sheppard
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
Fooorish Samurai!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jordan Draper wrote:
Those are the perfect size, I couldn't find anywhere to order them as they are currently in post Kickstarter phase?

Ah, I didn't follow through and see that the post-KS preorders are closed. Oh well, their loss.

Quote:
if anyone needs some harbor card sleeves, I'll gladly send you 7 for free since I will have too many now.

Oh, I'll totally take you up on that. GM sent, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Is there any chance you could bring some of the harbor card sleeves to Essen? I would love to pick some up with my Captain Edition pre-order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Draper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
daswerth wrote:
Is there any chance you could bring some of the harbor card sleeves to Essen? I would love to pick some up with my Captain Edition pre-order.

Sure thing, I'll bring all the extras I have for those who are interested in them to Essen.

Update for everyone else: Still no confirmation on the shipping, I just got an email saying they were unpacking all of their boxes of sleeves and would ship them out with the Kickstarter orders asap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Huylebroeck
Belgium
Lede
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jordan Draper wrote:
[q=".Slinky."][q="Jordan Draper"]Hi everyone,
if anyone needs some harbor card sleeves, I'll gladly send you 7 for free since I will have too many now.

I'll post some photos here when they arrive.

I'd love to have mine sleeved. Will you be in Essen? I'll probably be demoing your game at international games day in Belgium, btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Draper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ctgchaos wrote:

I'd love to have mine sleeved. Will you be in Essen? I'll probably be demoing your game at international games day in Belgium, btw.

We will be boothing at Essen, Hall 7 : G107, I'll bring along 8 extra sleeves for you. Feel free to drop by any day.

That's great of you to demo the game! Let me know how it goes and if I can help you out in any way.

I look forward to meeting in Germany!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QC
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jordan, I wouldn't ask you to send sleeves internationally for free, but if I paid for the stamp would you possibly be able to send me some? I haven't been able to find any KD:M event size sleeves in Australia yet, and I was silly enough not to order any of that size from the Paladin kickstarter since I don't own KD:M and don't plan to!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Draper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
drifblim wrote:
Hey Jordan, I wouldn't ask you to send sleeves internationally for free, but if I paid for the stamp would you possibly be able to send me some? I haven't been able to find any KD:M event size sleeves in Australia yet, and I was silly enough not to order any of that size from the Paladin kickstarter since I don't own KD:M and don't plan to!

No problem! Send me a PM with your address and we can work it out. I wasn't aware harbor card sizes overlapped with KD:M until I was researching sleeves either, interesting coincidence!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QC
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jordan Draper wrote:
drifblim wrote:

No problem! Send me a PM with your address and we can work it out. I wasn't aware harbor card sizes overlapped with KD:M until I was researching sleeves either, interesting coincidence!

I managed to find a local nice enough to give me a few sleeves once his KD:M ones come in, so I think I'm all good! Thank you so much anyway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefaan Verscheure
Belgium
SintAndries
flag msg tools
badge
Is it my turn ?
mbmbmbmbmb
Jordan Draper wrote:
daswerth wrote:

Sure thing, I'll bring all the extras I have for those who are interested in them to Essen.

Update for everyone else: Still no confirmation on the shipping, I just got an email saying they were unpacking all of their boxes of sleeves and would ship them out with the Kickstarter orders asap.

I'Ll stop by at Essen aswell, hope to pick up some barbour sleves aswell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Draper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately the sleeves didn’t arrive before we had to leave for Essen, but I will still happily send them out to everyone who was planning to stop by and pick some up! Please come by our booth anyway and say hello or play a game with us if you’re interested, I would like to meet everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Jostar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up wrt sleeved cards. I ordered a captain's edition from the store a few days ago and I was wondering why it hadn't been shipped yet, so if you guys are in Essen that'd be it! If it's possible, was wondering if the sleeve offer for harbor mats is still open, because if it's not too much trouble I'd like some with the captain's set i ordered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Draper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to get some sleeves for very cheap at Essen so I'll be shipping them out to everyone this week!

If you were going to pick them up at Essen and haven't given me your address, send me a message so I can send some your way! They are a perfect fit for the Harbor Cards and Supply Islands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Elk
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
Thank you for this, went with your preferred solution

Fits nicely!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Huylebroeck
Belgium
Lede
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be sending my contact details right away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.