Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge ML
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
mbmb
I checked on GMT's page that P500 preorders were being shipped starting July 26th.
Has anybody in Europe received it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chawn Harlow
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy today.

It is a gorgeous game! I love the map and counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Mölleken
Germany
45147 Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had ordered it with EU-friendly shipping and got a shipping notification from Second Chance Games on Monday.

So I haven't received it yet, but I'm supposed to receive it by the end of the week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Velázquez Otero
Spain
Badajoz
Badajoz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Received AUG 17 in preorder from GMT...but with taxescry
Tiene muy buena pinta, lo inauguro este finde

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Silverman
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gracias. Por favor, póngase en contacto conmigo si tiene alguna pregunta sobre el juego.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge ML
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
mbmb
Carlos,
You probably chose the fast shipping option (direct airmail from USA). The alternate, "Euro-friendly" option takes longer to arrive (employs a logistic partner in the UK as a relay point from which shipping to end customer takes place), but avoids the taxes....

Carlos,
Probablemente seleccionaste en el P500 la opción de airmail, que realiza el envío directo desde América. Por eso te han debido cargar de impuestos. La opción "Euro-friendly" es más lenta de envío, pero te evita los impuestos.

Saludos,
Jorge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rian van Meeteren
Netherlands
Oegstgeest
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived in the Netherlands today. It came via Second Chance games in the UK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

I picked mine up on Tuesday. DPD had delivered it to a local drop off point. All went without a hitch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hammond
United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
That's not actually correct, the 'Euro Friendly' option adds the VAT up front so you pay it every time instead of taking your chances buying a game from outside of Europe and risking occasionally being charged (I personally have had no games stopped by customs over the past two years).

For the amount of games that get through customs without being stopped and charged for, you will save far more than if you pay the VAT up front on the curiously named 'Euro Friendly' option, at least if you are buying a reasonable amount of games from overseas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lafber
France
ASNIERES SUR SEINE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Received mine Thursday 7 September from Uk and Second Chance Games!
Was shipped the 4 September from UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Silverman
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm available to answer any of your game questions. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte Conceicao
Portugal
Carcavelos
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Landed in Portugal last Thursday via Second Chance Games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb
Snakerensky wrote:
That's not actually correct, the 'Euro Friendly' option adds the VAT up front so you pay it every time instead of taking your chances buying a game from outside of Europe and risking occasionally being charged (I personally have had no games stopped by customs over the past two years).

For the amount of games that get through customs without being stopped and charged for, you will save far more than if you pay the VAT up front on the curiously named 'Euro Friendly' option, at least if you are buying a reasonable amount of games from overseas.

I think you have been exceptionally fortunate. My strike rate was about 1 in 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Senajko
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Received in Spain last Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alf Vlachos
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received my copy on the 15th, last Friday!

Great stuffs Perry!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my copy this morning in Madrid, Spain from Second Chance Games in the UK (check their website out, they seem to be the go to place for board based wargames etc, great place to get the GMT games if you missed the P500 etc and they are good in replying when you contact them).

I was very late to the Illusions of Glory P500 (end of July 2017 !) so the shipping out may have been organized in waves with first ordered first shipped out in local region (just a theory only). So what I'm saying is have patience if you haven't received your P500 copy yet.

very happy indeed.

dfernand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.