Subject: Tie in a 2 player game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Tullis
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
The rules contain tie breaker rules, but I don't see how a tie would be possible in a two player game.

In a two player game, players need to get both of their playing pieced to the destination tile. Since the destination tile only contains 3 spaces, there is not enough room for both players to get both of their playing pieces to the destination tile.

So, if the starting player goes out, the player who started second can't fit both of his/her pieces to the destination.

Am I correct here, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Shanowitz
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As soon as a playing piece enters one of the three El Dorado spaces, that piece is removed from the game (by placing it on the golden El Dorado art). So it's not possible for any of the El Dorado spaces to be blocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gaca
Germany
Ravensburg
flag msg tools
badge
Build your own destiny.
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct.
Once you reach one of the three spaces you immediately move your pawn onto the El Dorado area (the golden city depicted on the tile). All 3 spaces remain always open. This means that in a 2-player-game you can enter the same space with both of your pawns on the same turn (using two different cards for movement).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tullace wrote:
The rules contain tie breaker rules, but I don't see how a tie would be possible in a two player game.

In a two player game, players need to get both of their playing pieced to the destination tile. Since the destination tile only contains 3 spaces, there is not enough room for both players to get both of their playing pieces to the destination tile.

So, if the starting player goes out, the player who started second can't fit both of his/her pieces to the destination.

Am I correct here, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Scott

The English rules have this on page 5, End of the Game:

Quote:
"When a player reaches one of the 3 finishing spaces, this triggers the final round (they will then place their playing piece on El Dorado to free up the finishing space)...."

We missed this after our first game yesterday and it confused us too, until I went back and found this rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McPherson
Australia
Tuggeranong
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I confirm that in a 2-player game, the game still ends after the first meeple arrives at the end space ? As opposed to the first 2 meeples of one player ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
samc1078 wrote:
Can I confirm that in a 2-player game, the game still ends after the first meeple arrives at the end space ? As opposed to the first 2 meeples of one player ?

You need both to arrive. From Page 5 under Rules for two players:

"To win, you must reach El Dorado first with both of your pieces. If both players manage to reach El Dorado with their second playing piece during the final turn, use the normal tie-breaker rules."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McPherson
Australia
Tuggeranong
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, if you have one meeple way ahead of your 2nd one, you would need to wait for the 2nd one to catch up, so you can arrive in the same turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Roberts
United States
Jonesborough (will trade by mail)
TN
flag msg tools
badge
samc1078 wrote:
So, if you have one meeple way ahead of your 2nd one, you would need to wait for the 2nd one to catch up, so you can arrive in the same turn?

They don't have to arrive at El Dorado on the same turn. The first one can arrive at any time. Once you have one meeple in El Dorado you just move the other one for the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.