5 Posts

Paths to Hell» Forums » Rules

Subject: About rough or field terrains rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuele Falco
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, consider the situation shown in the image below, where motorcycle units A are moving towards Soviets on open terrain.

Such kind of units (yellow and in movement) may be spotted at a distance of 12 hexes.
Questions:
1) does Soviet unit in hex 714 have visibility of Germans considering that LOS passes through 3 field hexes but just 2 of these are on the same level? I'm asking this since rule 6.2.1 refers to a LOS traced along flat ground, whereas in my situation I have 3 field hexes but on different levels

2) consider the visibility of Germans in 1212 from hex 510, where you have T-26S tanks. LOS passes through 3 field hexes but these are not consecutive/adjacent. Do these block LOS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ADDA Marc
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
1) Yes. Consider the fields/rough as quite low and they hinder/block LOS only if the attacker, target and field/rough hexes are all at the same height.

2) I assume yes because the hindrance is cumulative and the rules don't ask for them to be consecutive and adjacent.

Marc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Cebrián
msg tools
Hi Samuele:

Thanks ADDA for your answers

Regards

JCC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuele Falco
msg tools
mbmbmb
Marc, Juan Carlos, many thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The word "broken terrain" in the rulebook should be clearly defined as to what. Only did I find the same effect explanation on LOS on TEC that broken terrain "might" refer to field and rough hexes. But then would marsh hexes be "broken" type of terrain, since the artwork of marsh and rough is quite similar and easily mistaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.