Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor James
United Kingdom
Norwich, Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still hunting on You Tube to find someone playing this (not the digital version). I like to see players taking part and actually enjoying the game before I purchase it. Sounds a bit crazy - but this is what I like to do, and You Tube is generally great for supplying these interesting play throughs. Why has Kamisado been neglected, I wonder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bcoot9 wrote:
Why has Kamisado been neglected, I wonder?

I've never considered the subject, but if I had to guess, I'd think it's partly because the game is not widely known, and partly (perhaps mostly) because the game has simple mechanics that often lead to deep calculation, and there's really not much to talk about outside of move analysis.

Asking as a sincere question, are there such videos as you describe for other similar 2-player abstracts, such as Othello for example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor James
United Kingdom
Norwich, Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gosh! That takes me back a few years! Eons since I played that. There are certainly some good play throughs for e.g. Onitama, which we also play weekly as an interval game and some of the other related modern strategy games. Not sure about Othello.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bcoot9 wrote:
Gosh! That takes me back a few years! Eons since I played that. There are certainly some good play throughs for e.g. Onitama, which we also play weekly as an interval game and some of the other related modern strategy games. Not sure about Othello.

I wasn't asking because I want to see video play throughs of Othello, I was just surprised that there would be any at all for such games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW I usually notice playthrough videos for games which have nontrivial or confusing rules - the playthroughs typically seem meant to help explain a game's rules (among other things). So for games with very simple rules (like Kamisado), playthrough videos seem a lot less common.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor James
United Kingdom
Norwich, Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure you are right about this but I just enjoy watching others play a game through, especially if there is some thoughtful strategic decision-making involved (Pathetic? Or what?............shake).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bcoot9 wrote:
I'm sure you are right about this but I just enjoy watching others play a game through, especially if there is some thoughtful strategic decision-making involved (Pathetic? Or what?............shake).

FWIW I agree there is interest in a strategic playthrough! E.g. for truly classic old games (Go, Chess, Shogi, etc) you can find plenty of such material including videos. But for "modern" games, it seems like most videos are just oriented toward teaching the rules or reviewing the game, alas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.