Subject: Homestead, cool stuff, preorders... irma rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Theodore Martinovich
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hulk can see ghosts, breathe underwater, and survive a nuclear bomb.
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSE5I0Wp7c
mbmbmbmbmb
So. If you couldn't gather from the title I have a preorder for downforce and Jamaica the crew waiting to arrive at CSI to ship together... with the hurricane coming should I call CSI? Get my order switched and sent before it hits? Cancel and ask for a refund? Or not worry about it cause they will be fine? And how would you know?... curious and haven't seen any topics on this yet. Also. Good luck to everyone hunkering down in Florida. And Stay safe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jinxstar wrote:
So. If you couldn't gather from the title I have a preorder for downforce and Jamaica the crew waiting to arrive at CSI to ship together... with the hurricane coming should I call CSI? Get my order switched and sent before it hits? Cancel and ask for a refund? Or not worry about it cause they will be fine? And how would you know?... curious and haven't seen any topics on this yet. Also. Good luck to everyone hunkering down in Florida. And Stay safe.

If I had a pending order with them, I wouldn't care less about it. You're talking about a couple of boardgames maybe getting destroyed while the folks in Florida are dealing with something that actually matters.

But to ease your worries - I have no doubts that if your precious couple of games get destroyed, CSI will make good on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll probably be okay. Since they have several locations, maybe if Irma obliterates Florida they can ship it from a store not in Florida. Yeah, that's it, see, you can rest easy now, all taken care of...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Davies
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Koneko: A PvP worker placement game set in a very Feline Feudal Japan........
mbmbmbmbmb
At times like this, gaming just doesnt matter, lives and wellbeing do. I know the dice tower crew are headed to Orlando to try and wait it out, and Rob Oren just did a live update telling people he'll try to keep going and hopefully get Sam on the phone tomorrow so we can check in and see they're ok. I'm glad they've got a large support structure going on, but I do still worry from my safe little bubble here in the UK. I really hope the people of Florida stay safe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Aries
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jinxstar wrote:
So. If you couldn't gather from the title I have a preorder for downforce and Jamaica the crew waiting to arrive at CSI to ship together... with the hurricane coming should I call CSI?

No. If they aren't yet getting out of the way, they'll be preparing to weather it out, professionally as well as personally. They really don't need someone to ask about some board games, much as they would still divert time and effort to assisting you.

Cancel your order and get a refund will only deprive them of funds they might need later on. It's just a few games, you can wait, you know this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Martinovich
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hulk can see ghosts, breathe underwater, and survive a nuclear bomb.
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSE5I0Wp7c
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Broadfoot wrote:
At times like this, gaming just doesnt matter, lives and wellbeing do. I know the dice tower crew are headed to Orlando to try and wait it out, and Rob Oren just did a live update telling people he'll try to keep going and hopefully get Sam on the phone tomorrow so we can check in and see they're ok. I'm glad they've got a large support structure going on, but I do still worry from my safe little bubble here in the UK. I really hope the people of Florida stay safe.

My sister and best friend both live in Florida. One in Miami the other in Jacksonville. I have reached out to both and offered them a place to stay. Don't think me heartless. I feel for the people there but both of them are saying. "My house is strong and I have provisions so I'm good." As are many people in Florida. How am I supposed to pity them if they stay after being warned and warned and warned... they are adults. They made their bed....

I suppose my post came off as heartless but mostly I'm curious. What does their warehouse look like? Are they insured? Do you think they can be as board games are hard to insure period... what about sustainability if their warehouse gets obliterated (no loss of life just property). Do you think they thought about hurricanes like this when they set up shop? Etc. etc. etc. it's curiousity is all.

I have loved ones who are taking a lot of risk in staying and it's frustrating. And I don't really care if I lose 100$... I'll recover, I promise. I'm more making a discussion point... and maybe trying to see what others would do... I guess everyone's thoughts are more... on the bigger picture. And that's a good thing. I just was wondering as I was thinking about these games I preordered a while ago with a kinda "huh" thought...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Your post is fine. Businesses being ruined by not being insured is a thing.

But these guys have been around a long time all throughout florida, which gets plenty of storms.

You have nothing to worry about, but don't let people shit on you for worrying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Royal
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have had preorders at CSI during a past hurricane. No interruption in service, no wet games delivered. True professionals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI stands for Can Survive Irma.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jinxstar wrote:

I suppose my post came off as heartless but mostly I'm curious. What does their warehouse look like? Are they insured? Do you think they can be as board games are hard to insure period... what about sustainability if their warehouse gets obliterated (no loss of life just property). Do you think they thought about hurricanes like this when they set up shop? Etc. etc. etc. it's curiousity is all.

Insuring board games is not hard. It may be a little difficult for you as a consumer, but still not hard. And businesses are a completely different matter. It isn't a boardgame to them - it is salable inventory. Inventory is most definitely insurable, and I can guarantee that any business in Florida that has insurance has hurricane insurance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.