Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a ship in a gas cloud is being counter-attacked, does its player still get to roll a free shield die from his or her dice pool?

Also, can a ship in a gas cloud perform a counter-attack if its player has already rolled a free shield die from his or her dice pool?

P.S. I am hoping to see at least a semi-official FAQ soon. These unanswered questions are mounting fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François BRUNTZ
France
Belleville sur Saône
Rhône
flag msg tools
mb
Mandrake wrote:
If a ship in a gas cloud is being counter-attacked, does its player still get to roll a free shield die from his or her dice pool?

I don't think so because it is said "Counter-Attacks may not be countered with shields or a reaction."

Quote:
Also, can a ship in a gas cloud perform a counter-attack if its player has already rolled a free shield die from his or her dice pool?

Two answers here.

If the free shield had been used to cancel the attack from an adjacent sector, there can't be any counter attack against a ship of this sector.

But if the free shield had been used to cancel the attack from an adjacent sector and if there was support from other sectors, I think that you can counter-attack one ship of the other sectors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fbruntz wrote:
If the free shield had been used to cancel the attack from an adjacent sector, there can't be any counter attack against a ship of this sector.

But if the free shield had been used to cancel the attack from an adjacent sector and if there was support from other sectors, I think that you can counter-attack one ship of the other sectors.

Sorry, but it's really unclear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François BRUNTZ
France
Belleville sur Saône
Rhône
flag msg tools
mb
iamnan wrote:
fbruntz wrote:

Sorry, but it's really unclear.

That's my poor English. modest

Let's take an example :

An Phoebean Frigate is located in a Gas Cloud.

Situation 1. The Frigate is attacked by an Amyclean Cruiser without any support. A free shield is used to cancel the attack. The frigate can't counter attack as there is no attack/dommage.

Sitiatop, 2. The Frigate is attacked by an Amyclean Cruiser supported by an Amyclean Battleship located in an other adjacent sector. A free shield is used to cancel the attack of the Battleship which can't be counter-attacked. But the cruiser has attacked so it can be counter-attacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That's clearer and sounds right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. S. Funk

South Carolina
msg tools
mb
Mandrake wrote:

P.S. I am hoping to see at least a semi-official FAQ soon. These unanswered questions are mounting fast.

These are great questions that need official answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.