Subject: difference between OS2 and OS3 base game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
aries wind
United States
Mt Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
What do i miss out on by buying an OS2 base game from MM instead of waiting for OS3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some upgraded components (player boards and score tracks will be die cut thick cardboard now) and presumably a rulebook that has the OS3 content in it.

The upgraded components are available as add-ons btw if you are thinking of late backing so you can still get them even if you get OS2. My recommendation is to get it now as there is really no reason to wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aries wind
United States
Mt Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
i was thinking of doing what i read in another thread and getting wamp on OS3 and then ordering the base from MM so i dont have to wait till next year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a first edition, with upgrades from OS2 and will get more upgrades in OS3. It's all good. Get it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Gouveia
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree it is a huge advantage to get the right now. But if money is an issue you will have the best deal if you take the acolyte pledge level and add on as many faction expansions as you can. Lets say you are about to to spend 350 (200 for the core + 150 for wamp) to get the Base game; Ancients; shaggai; Masks; Beyond TS.

For the same 350 (200 for acolyte + 150 add ons) you get the Base game; 4 factions.

You will use factions a lot more than you use extra maps or neutral figures. Honestly, with my experience in the game I would like if someone has told me this before I expent my (a lot of) money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aries wind
United States
Mt Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
given the chance i'd likely pledge faction expansions only... but there is no option for this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.