Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I just bought Predator, and this is my first Legendary game, so please forgive me if this is obvious. Reading through the manual, and something is confusing me.

Under Showboat, the manual says:

Quote:
Showboat works just like Brothers in Arms except for when you choose to activate it. Instead of counting each other character you’ve played that turn, you count each other card of the same character you played that turn.

Now, is that period at the end of the first sentence supposed to be a comma? As it is, it suggests to me there is a difference in the timing of the 2 abilities. That's not true, right? The difference is solely in the way you count the effect of the ability.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ryan
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember reading that part of the rules 3-4x to understand what I was reading. But it is supposed to be a period and you are correct that the difference is in the effect, not the timing. Showboat triggers off of other copies of the SAME character, vs Brothers in Arms triggering off of each other DIFFERENT character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. That's what I thought. And technically, that's what it says. It's just that the way they worded it, it could be taken 2 ways. It could be clearer.

Thanks,

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter J Burke
msg tools
mbmbmb
I also read it numerous times and even played my first game ignoring it. You're not alone in finding this mechanism confusing at first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It means if you have a deck full of Harrigans, you can dish out some major damage!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter J Burke
msg tools
mbmbmb
MikeWyant wrote:
It means if you have a deck full of Harrigans, you can dish out some major damage!

So long as you're not too old for this sh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.