Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I just got a copy of this game in a local deal today, and didn't count all the pieces at the meeting to get it, so I'm a bit disappointed right now to be checking the game more carefully and see that it has 19 "wood" tokens instead of the 25 mentioned in the rule book.

Before I make a fuss though, I want to be sure I should have 25 tokens, or to see if perhaps I won't really need that many. The breakdown of what I have here is 7 "x3" tokens and 12 singles.

If the tokens truly are missing, I'm sure it's inadvertent, since the cards are sleeved and all the bits were neatly baggied, but since I've never actually seen a copy of the game until this evening, I thought I should find out for sure about the counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff T
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pulled my box off the shelf and counted.

I have 24 single wood tokens, and 10 "x3" wood tokens. Interestingly, the rule-book doesn't even mention that there are two kinds of tokens, so technically I have 34 of them. I have the "Rebels and Rogues" expansion, which added a ton of stuff, but its rulebook makes no mention of additional base resource tokens.

In my opinion, you're not likely to miss the extra tokens. While I haven't played in awhile, I don't recall ever coming close to running out of one of the resources.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
squeg wrote:
Pulled my box off the shelf and counted.

I have 24 single wood tokens, and 10 "x3" wood tokens. Interestingly, the rule-book doesn't even mention that there are two kinds of tokens, so technically I have 34 of them. I have the "Rebels and Rogues" expansion, which added a ton of stuff, but its rulebook makes no mention of additional base resource tokens.

In my opinion, you're not likely to miss the extra tokens. While I haven't played in awhile, I don't recall ever coming close to running out of one of the resources.

Hope that helps.

Hmmmm.... now I wonder if perhaps the expansion included extra wood tokens because experience with the base game was showing that the original supply was insufficient. If that's the case, I'd really be in a bit of a bind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff T
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like I said, I don't recall ever running out of tokens, and we played several times before unloading all the expansion stuff. The expansion rule-book itself has a component list and it does not list any new resource tokens. That makes me think all the tokens came in the base package.

If you're lacking the x3 tokens for any of the main resources, it might get a little tighter, but I don't remember it being a game about hording resources. I think you tend to spend them most of the time.

That said, resource tokens are about the easiest thing in the world to replace and the ones that come in that game are not terribly fancy. You've probably got some in your game collection that are nicer anyway.

It's a decent game and we enjoyed it. I don't think a few tokens should get in the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.