Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Lowe
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
The Flat Earth Game Votaries met at Jason and Brandi's house for the weekly session. Dale once again made the long trip from Indianapolis, and it was great to see him again.

ROLL CALL: Chris, Dale, Erick, Meg, Brandi, Jason

Transamerica was the choice for a light opening game. Chris, Dale, Brandi, and I sat down to play when Erick and Meg made a surprise visit with their new daughter Abby. They laid Abby down for a quick nap in the handy-dandy pack-n-play, grabbed their cards, and we were ready to play.

Chris surprised everyone the first round when he went out early, catching a number of people significantly short on their routes. He followed this up by finishing first in the second round as well, so he had a perfect score going into the third and ultimately final round. He had a five point lead over the cluster of Brandi, Erick, and I sitting in a tie for second place. Brandi finished first in the third round, just ahead of Erick and I. Chris was caught four points short on his network, so his 5 point lead built up from the previous rounds was just enough to hold off Brandi for the win.

A light filler that's quick to play and easy to teach. This makes for a great opening game that also doubles as a good gateway game for those that are new to the hobby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.