Geromino Pares
msg tools
mbmbmb
Can you have in the Scenario cards when it says DECOY have a solo replacement unit?

It would be awesome just to see the Scenario Card and see Decoy Substitutions: and then list the squad substitutions for each decoy for each side..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geromino Pares
msg tools
mbmbmb
Maybe the other side of the decoy is a unit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still committed to doing a solitaire system, but this is an excellent stop gap measure. I know some solitaire players have already done this. Does anyone want to put together a list of substitutions for each scenario?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
I'm still committed to doing a solitaire system, but this is an excellent stop gap measure. I know some solitaire players have already done this. Does anyone want to put together a list of substitutions for each scenario?

I must be dense, but perhaps someone could explain the suggestion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
Jim Krohn wrote:

I must be dense, but perhaps someone could explain the suggestion?

Just a simple line of text with the following:
For solitaire play, substitute the 3 Decoy unit for one infantry unit and one weapons team.

Of course naming the quality of the unit(s).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geromino Pares
msg tools
mbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:

I would figure this would give you more time starting/tinkering the solitaire system ... You got one ATS convert over here... I must say kudos to you for making a game system which is realistic and ENJOYABLE without looking up charts, and providing they WHY you did what you did on the game which makes me understand the whole game system. I was so used to having smoke and grenades that it felt weird not having them but then I read your explanation and was like... Ok makes sense...

Is there a forum lets say that encompasses all of Band of Brothers talk?

So im not jumping from 3 BoB releases?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pares101 wrote:
Is there a forum lets say that encompasses all of Band of Brothers talk?

So im not jumping from 3 BoB releases?
That would be the Family Page: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/22797/band-brother...

The general problem with them is that not enough people seem to know about family pages, therefore no one subscribes to them, therefore the few posts that happen on them don't gain any traction, therefore people that stumble across them think nothing is going on there and don't subscribe and soon forget about them.
A self perpetuating problem that I'm hoping gets solved in the ongoing BGG interface redesign.

EDIT: Please don't let that last paragraph stop you from posting there! I think the best way to deal with it until the redesign (only a few more short years, I'm sure...) is to start discussion in it and direct people from all the individual game's forums to it as applicable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geromino Pares
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah I had no clue about them ! Thanks for steering me over there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pares101 wrote:
Yeah I had no clue about them ! Thanks for steering me over there
You are welcome.

If you want to check if any other games have family pages just look to the right of their description; The grey box there holds quite a bit of information, e.g. what type of game it is, what categories it is listed in, what (if any) families it is a part of, and what games it integrates with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually substitute 1 squad (whichever is most common in the scenario) for every 3-4 decoys. That seems to work out pretty well in terms of balance. I thought that this was even a semi-official suggestion from several years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.