One Deck Dungeon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Paladin Heroic Feat Valiant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
derek bredl

California
msg tools
It says "Store a dice when you open a door with 4+"

Does this mean I can open a door and then flee the encounter but still get the dice?

Essentially trading time for dice right?

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yes, you keep the die even if you flee. The main issues to remember are that you don't necessarily know a face-down door is value 4, you're restricted by your dice limit (and may waste a 4 if you don't use it), and fleeing will end up leaving the door open, blocking one of your additions on explore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
derek bredl

California
msg tools
Ruduen wrote:
Yes, you keep the die even if you flee. The main issues to remember are that you don't necessarily know a face-down door is value 4, you're restricted by your dice limit (and may waste a 4 if you don't use it), and fleeing will end up leaving the door open, blocking one of your additions on explore.

Yes ... I understand, though the 1p version of the Paladin gets to have 2 dice stored for the Heroic Feat, so opening the first door and getting a 4+ and fleeing still means the second door i open later on that is a 4 gives me a second heroic dice ... correct?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
derekisastro wrote:
Ruduen wrote:

Yes ... I understand, though the 1p version of the Paladin gets to have 2 dice stored for the Heroic Feat, so opening the first door and getting a 4+ and fleeing still means the second door i open later on that is a 4 gives me a second heroic dice ... correct?

Thanks!

Yes, the second door you open with a 4+ encounter would give you a second dice. One thing I got wrong early was I thought that each time you engaged an encounter with 4+ difficulty you got a dice, but it specifically says when you open a door. So if you open the door, flee, and then come back to that door later, you don't get a second black dice from that door you already opened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.