Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I was just playing a ftf game with my buddy and this situation came up.

My buddy attacked me with two infantry units with no (AT) value at all, and i was defending and had two infantry units and a tank which had a 3(AF) Armor factor. My question is:

Don't i get the 30 points for the 3 Armor Factor minus the terrain? I'm not seeing this on the charts for armor DRM where you have Armor against no AT/AF.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Willing to teach games on my play list.
badge
Look at my game list and see if there is something you want to play and let's get to playing it.
mb
You're absolutely correct Joseph, you get the Armor. The lack of attacking armor does not render the defending armor impudent based on the fact that Armor is designed to impact infantry.

Oddly enough reverse that, and say you were defending with only infantry and AT, there would be no benefit to an infantry only attack based on the fact that AT weapons are mostly impudent (ie., not designed to impact) against infantry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also think of it this way:

Your buddy IS defending with AT, only it's AT value of 0. So it's Atk AT 0 vs Def Armor of 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
The other answers are all correct.

That's why it is better to attack with even inferior armor against better armor, rather than without any armor at all.

Shermans against panthers in Forest take away all armor bonuses for defender. While no tanks against combined arms enemy with Panthers in Forest still allow the Panthers to get one armor bonus (the max allowed in a forest).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
joeyoust wrote:
The other answers are all correct.

That's why it is better to attack with even inferior armor against better armor, rather than without any armor at all.

Shermans against panthers in Forest take away all armor bonuses for defender. While no tanks against combined arms enemy with Panthers in Forest still allow the Panthers to get one armor bonus (the max allowed in a forest).

Great Point..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks Joey and Tom for your help...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.