Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Couple of questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Sorry if these are posted somewhere, I looked and didn't find them.

I'm playing random games and pulled Massive Earthquake Generator with Maximum Carnage! I was wondering if the recruitable bystanders or special Sidekicks count as "non-grey heroes" in the KO pile that goes against the scheme or not.

I played a game with Epic Deathbird the other day and when her tactics come out into the city, they have a printed 8, but the Epic side has attack value of 10. Do you just play those like they are printed or increase them to 10 like the actual mastermind?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If it has a class icon and it's recruitable, then it's a non-grey Hero. Special Sidekicks and recruitable Bystanders are non-grey Heroes.

When Epic Deathbird's Tactics enter the City, they are Villains and no longer Masterminds. To my mind, they then have the printed value only. Here's the FAQ, at least on the first part of this answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The question about Deathbird's tactics was brought up elsewhere, but I don't think anyone else chimed in.

Here's my thoughts were:

jhochges wrote:
We play it as equal to the printed attack on the tactic, so 8. The first time we played Deathbird's Epic side we did the tactics at 10, because we thought it felt right. Then another player made a pretty persuasive argument based upon the tactic wording. Since it just says that it "...enters the city as a Villain whose only ability is..." we decided that it becomes "un-affixed" to the Mastermind and should be played as written, so value 8.

I'd be interested to hear other thoughts though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Deutsch
msg tools
Agreed that special sidekicks and recruitable bystanders count as "non-grey heroes." As for tactics cards, I'd say it's open based on the rules for killer clowns. 8 is the printed attack even if 10 is her printed epic attack. I guess it depends on your desired difficulty!

Mark UD OP wrote:
TravelSized wrote:
Yeah, we already covered my blunder almost immediately. Thanks for bringing up difficult memories, Mark. cry

But, hey, since you're here, what attack value are we supposed to use for the Clowns? 3 (on the Trap) or 4 (on the token)?

The standard play is to use the trap card as a 3 Attack Token. If you want a bit more challenge, use the 4 Attack token cards instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.