Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Leiker
United States
Friday Harbor
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Can there be more than one target hazard in a target box?

2. Re: the maximum hazard limit. Is that the maximum total hazards allowed in the area or a maximum hazards drawn in that area per hazard phase limit? For example, if a max 4 area has two target boxes already with one hazard each and I am supposed to draw four (one B25, alert +1, detonations +2), do I still draw four or do I only draw two because the limit is 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Deuber
United States
Baldwin
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, you have to spread them out evenly like other hazard markers.

2. The max is only for drawn markers. Do not count the ones that are already in the Area.

This is how I play, and I believe the answers are in the rules too. I remember going thru this also. Just no rules handy at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
Matt has it right. I can provide rule references.

Hazard Draw Limit: [4.2.3] - also noted in the graphic on page 6.

Target Box limit: [3.3] - there is a limit, but not for hazards, for B-25s. Only one can be in a box at a time. For hazards, as Matt mentioned, the only "limit" is that they be spread out evenly as they appear. So, if you draw two of them in the same area, and there are two Target Boxes, place one in each. There is no maximum limit, so it is possible that all the Target Box hazards can be placed in the Target Boxes of a single area, but those hazards would be distributed evenly among the Target Boxes there. The reference for that is 4.3.1. Both references are on page 10 of the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Leiker
United States
Friday Harbor
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both for the replies.

Been playing it wrong in the first 3 scenarios and only drawing to the max for the area. Will switch for scenario 4. Feel like things may get a whole lot tougher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
atleiker wrote:
Been playing it wrong in the first 3 scenarios and only drawing to the max for the area.

Same here, oops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Leclair
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi Jerry,

Regarding the no limit on target boxes, I find that has a strange (perhaps unwanted) effect on gameplay. What I'm seeing in my plays of scenarios 1-6 is that target box hazards tend to pile up in the target boxes of the entry area, or possibly area 2 as my bombers transit the map. Those hazards never get resolved because my bombers aren't going after those targets. Then, by the time my bombers reach their target zone, there's usually no target box hazards left in the cup. This leaves the target more vulnerable to my approach.

For example, here (see image below) I just completed scenario 4 and Greening and Bower attracted all of the target box hazards in Chiba and Tokyo Bay North as they were in transit for Yokohama. Those hazards just stayed unresolved for the rest of the game.

Am I doing this right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
Sorry for the late reply, Denis. Somehow I missed your last post. One of these days I'll get the hang of BGG.

I know what you mean about the Target Hazards piling up in the Target Boxes, leaving Target Boxes in other areas vulnerable. I don't see that as a problem, for a couple of reasons. The sooner you fill those boxes, wherever they may be on the map, the sooner you deplete the stock of Target Hazards for that map. That means you get closer to bringing in Response Hazards, which may prove a net loss for your B-25 crews. Also, some Target Box hazards are actually beneficial to your B-25s. The "conspicuous target" hazard, for example, and the "volatile target." So, in terms of balance and difficulty, I don't think you enjoy a huge benefit.

And then there is the opportunity to create diversions, by flying around menacingly in one area while actually targeting another later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.