Secrets of the Lost Station» Forums » News

Subject: Secrets of the Lost Station: Relaunch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Samartino
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
We announced just over a week ago that we cancelled our original campaign for Secrets of the Lost Station. We raised over $82,000 with your support and thank you very much for your continued efforts and positive comments to help drive this project to success. We reviewed the performance of the previous kickstarter and listened to all of your feedback. We said we would relaunch and tell you about our plans in advance. The wait is over!

The following is a brief overview of the plans for the new campaign, the changes that we made, and suggestions on how you can help to make the relaunch "EPIC"!

WHAT CHANGED:

- Shorter Campaign
- Lower Funding Goal
- New Pledge Levels (With and Without Miniatures)
- Added a Retailer Pledge
- Added Stretch Goals!!!

CAMPAIGN: Tuesday September 12th - Thursday Sept 28th

- Why relaunch so quickly? We are confident in the game and feel strongly that the changes that we have made will drive this project to the levels we know it can reach. By quickly taking action, we will be able to continue the momentum built from the 1st campaign and keep to production and development timelines to ensure you can embark on your mission as soon as possible!

- Why only 2 weeks? As a re-launched campaign, we feel it will be best to focus potential backers on a shorter campaign to maximize the excitement generated with the countdown clock quickly counting to zero.

- Why not run through the end of the month? We have a tight production calendar with the Horror-based Coma Ward campaign launching in early October. So to prevent the two projects from overlapping or abutting one another, the best option was to execute the Secrets of the Lost Station Kickstarter to run during optimal time frames that align with our marketing programs.

FUNDING LEVEL: $80,000

- Why did you reboot the campaign with a funding goal lower than the funding level you cancelled your previous campaign? We are supremely confident that Secrets of the Lost Station will be successful. Because of this, we have absorbed all pre-production costs and have set the funding goal to cover only the production cost of the game. We are a small, yet established and quickly growing independent company. We believe in our games the same way you do and are ALL IN to make this campaign become a reality!

PLEDGE LEVELS:

- We have developed a "Standard" version of the game which will use Punchboard standees to replace miniatures, and will be offered at a lower price point. All other content will remain the same.

- For "Deluxe Edition" Miniature Pledge Levels, we have kept the same value as the original campaign and will offer this as a 48 hour early bird special.

STRETCH GOALS?!

But I thought you said no Stretch Goals? We still feel that stretch goals add complication and sometimes confusion to a campaign... but we also agree that they do add excitement as you watch your Pledge value increase. So we have created a special KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE: The Lost Missions.

What are the Lost Missions? The Lost Missions are a collection of up to 13 additional Scenarios that will unlock every $5,000 up to the fully stretched funding level of $145,000. And the best thing... is you are going to help us decide what content is included in each of these core game compatible, stand alone missions. You know we love to put our favorite tropes into our games, and we want to hear what inspiration you would like infused into these missions. Perhaps the station will be overrun by tribble-like creatures, or the Station must save a planet of Wookie-like beings from extinction from an evil empire, or a mysterious Star-Gate appears and begins to fill the Station will all sorts of unwanted trouble... You know we listen, speak up on the BGG Lost Missions forum

What about upgraded components? We seek to maximize the quality of our games while reducing cost and complexity. While we could add in more expensive components, the overall reaction we received from our fans is that; if we are already providing quality components, that they would not want to spend more for a cosmetic upgrade that would not add true game play value. We will always be on the look out for cool upgrades, but our number one priority is to make great games at a great value, with Epic content.

Thank you for being the best backers in the Universe and coming back to support us in the relaunch of Secrets of the Lost Station!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kokaly
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited! Ready to back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question, is the deluxe version only available for the first 48 hours? If true, then only the standee version will be available after that period?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
any news on tomb expansion reprints?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GianPaolo DiCocco
United States
California
flag msg tools
I see that for the standee Galaxy Defender pledge, that's $150. Does it include what was originally offered in your first Kickstarter campaign? Galaxy Defender offered:

Core Game plus the Lycoan Chronicas & the Undiscovered Pack Expansions and ALL other EXPANSIONS including:
1) Oblivion
2) Machinations
3) Resistance
4) Rapture
5) Resurrection

For $150, that's a steal of a deal for all that, and I'd definitely be absolutely fine with the standees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt gonneau
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think we have the right ingredients now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Krindle
Canada
Campbell River
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks EE! A few questions for you:

1) Do the minis pledges include the standees as well, or is it either/or?

2) If I'm understanding the stretch goals correctly, this is new content that has yet to be developed, not content from the previous launch that has been "cut out", right? If so... nicely handled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Krindle
Canada
Campbell River
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3) The only difference between the mini pledge levels and the equivalent non-mini pledge levels is the minis, right? Same content otherwise?

4) Does the standee Galaxy Defender still come in that sweet Cube Box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Turner
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Assembly KS now live!
badge
Assembly KS now live!
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks like a very good price on the standees all in pledge. Does it worry you that everyone might choose that meaning less money taken overall? Also, will you be offering character minis as an add-on? I'd love to have a mini to play with for my character and prefer standees for monsters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
Might want to rename the pledge level "Galaxy Defender".

Gremlin Project and Ares Games had two very successful kickers for a game called Galaxy Defenders.

Yes the term "galaxy defenders" is generic and there is nothing forcing you to change.. but it might be a good idea to just pick another name from the literal millions you could dream up that isn't a really famous and popular kick starter game.

Oh... BTW.. now there is a no-mini pledge level..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel He.
Germany
M√ľnster
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope to catch one of the Galaxy Defender Pledges with Standees. For me this is Standees or nothing. How limited will this pledge be? Don't know how I should feel about limiting the Standee Pledge for the full game with all addons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
I don't get it?

What is the "limited" standee Galaxy Defender version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excited! I'll be in for the works in the first 48 hours...

TragicTheBlathering wrote:
I don't get it?

It will have "limited" quantities.

Azilut wrote:

Hoping the mini set(s) includes standees as well (some times you feel old-school and I like their look in SotLT).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
russonc wrote:

I don't get it?

Yeah.. I know how to speak English, so the work "limited" is not a mystery.

The question was asking "what is the galaxy defender version" and why is it limited. The OP as far as I can see doesn't ever say what the difference in the pledge levels are. So why is it limited, what is it, and why would I want to buy into the kicker if I can not get that version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@TragicTheBlathering ... my bad... misunderstood your question.
While we haven't been told for certain, it appears the Galaxy Defender version would be the one with the core game and all the expansions (as it was set up to mimic the original levels of the cancelled KS).

Hopefully you get your definitive answer soon (well, you will at least get the answer once the KS starts if not before).

(edit for typos)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Quick question, is the deluxe version only available for the first 48 hours? If true, then only the standee version will be available after that period?

Hey Scott,
The Deluxe versions and Galaxy Defenders are available after 48 hrs, just available outside of the extremely low Early Bird pricing. the standee versions will only be made at a very low quantity since most fans have asked for minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cador2 wrote:
any news on tomb expansion reprints?

No news yet

Thanks,

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darcy Aylwin
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is terrific news! I will be there on day one for you as this is a must have game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GPD924 wrote:
I see that for the standee Galaxy Defender pledge, that's $150. Does it include what was originally offered in your first Kickstarter campaign? Galaxy Defender offered:

Core Game plus the Lycoan Chronicas & the Undiscovered Pack Expansions and ALL other EXPANSIONS including:
1) Oblivion
2) Machinations
3) Resistance
4) Rapture
5) Resurrection

For $150, that's a steal of a deal for all that, and I'd definitely be absolutely fine with the standees.

Yes but we're only making limited quantities of them to fulfill some fans who are interested to help the campaign.

Thanks,

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azilut wrote:
Thanks EE! A few questions for you:

2) If I'm understanding the stretch goals correctly, this is new content that has yet to be developed, not content from the previous launch that has been "cut out", right? If so... nicely handled.

Hey,

Currently it's "either or". Would you be one who wants both?

The stretch goals are ALL NEW content. Not recycled stuff.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azilut wrote:
3) The only difference between the mini pledge levels and the equivalent non-mini pledge levels is the minis, right? Same content otherwise?

4) Does the standee Galaxy Defender still come in that sweet Cube Box?

Same game other than minis above... And cube box we will have to consider how the empty space would impact the game.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russonc wrote:

I don't get it?

Yeah.. I know how to speak English, so the work "limited" is not a mystery.

The question was asking "what is the galaxy defender version" and why is it limited. The OP as far as I can see doesn't ever say what the difference in the pledge levels are. So why is it limited, what is it, and why would I want to buy into the kicker if I can not get that version?

Simply it's got Standees instead of minis for those who prefer Standees. That's it. And since it's outside of the original scope of the project, we're only making a few of them... Rather than a full run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Yearsley
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I think this relaunch plan sounds great! You really took everyone's feedback into consideration and I do think this plan addresses most people's wants. Adding in stretch goals without cutting from the existing game is very much appreciated. Thank you! Looking forward to a great campaign relaunch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shu
United States
Portsmouth
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Deluxe Galaxy Defender is the way to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
cbatarlis wrote:
Simply it's got Standees instead of minis for those who prefer Standees. That's it. And since it's outside of the original scope of the project, we're only making a few of them... Rather than a full run.

wait what? Are you saying that the standee version is only for a small limited supply?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.