Secrets of the Lost Station» Forums » News

Subject: Secrets of the Lost Station - Stretch goals - The Lost Missions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Samartino
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
What are the Lost Missions? The Lost Missions are a collection of up to 13 additional, KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE Scenarios that will have the potential to be unlocked as stretch goals during the Secrets of the Lost Station Kickstarter Campaign. We already have 61 planned scenarios for the game and want to hear from you on what kind of stories you want to experience in each of these core game compatible, stand alone missions.

You know we love to put our favorite tropes into our games. What kind of inspiration would you like infused into these missions. Perhaps the Station will be overrun by tribble-like creatures, or the Station must save a planet of Wookie-like beings from extinction from an evil empire, or a mysterious Star-Gate appears and begins to fill the Station will all sorts of unwanted trouble...

Your opinion matters! So what's your idea?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjace wrote:
KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE Scenarios
ninjace wrote:
core game compatible, stand alone missions

does that mean they only use things from the core game?

as they are KS exclusive i would like to see a heavy use and mix of all the expansion stuff in these scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cador2 wrote:

as they are KS exclusive i would like to see a heavy use and mix of all the expansion stuff in these scenarios.

As I understand it, it appears that these will be proper SGs and so provided free to anybody pledging for the game.

As such I disagree with Sebastian on this. They should just use the core (or anything else that everybody will get) so that everybody will benefit.

Note that I intend to pledge for more than just the core, but really do not believe that people should help unlock SGs that they cannot use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JudgementDave wrote:
cador2 wrote:

As I understand it, it appears that these will be proper SGs and so provided free to anybody pledging for the game.

As such I disagree with Sebastian on this. They should just use the core (or anything else that everybody will get) so that everybody will benefit.

Note that I intend to pledge for more than just the core, but really do not believe that people should help unlock SGs that they cannot use.

Nice way to go with the SGs (really, I was good with no SGs but this will make a few folks happy). I have to agree with Judgement Dave; most, if not all should be able to work with the core set only as to make them "valuable " to the most backers. There are "stand-alone" missions so I'm sure you could house rule the use of expansions some how if you wanted...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cador2 wrote:
ninjace wrote:
KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE Scenarios
ninjace wrote:
core game compatible, stand alone missions

They're not core only, but will also function with core if that's all you have. Basically, they will be like cool special side missions that are super thematic but "like Star trek" some times take you away from the main mission. Still fun to play but separate and great for one off games. Will be compatible with all game components

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjace wrote:
What are the Lost Missions? The Lost Missions are a collection of up to 13 additional, KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE Scenarios that will have the potential to be unlocked as stretch goals during the Secrets of the Lost Station Kickstarter Campaign. We already have 61 planned scenarios for the game and want to hear from you on what kind of stories you want to experience in each of these core game compatible, stand alone missions.

You know we love to put our favorite tropes into our games. What kind of inspiration would you like infused into these missions. Perhaps the Station will be overrun by tribble-like creatures, or the Station must save a planet of Wookie-like beings from extinction from an evil empire, or a mysterious Star-Gate appears and begins to fill the Station will all sorts of unwanted trouble...

so as Jim said above... What do you guys want to see in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shu
United States
Portsmouth
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OK, I'm a sucker for time travel in so many sci-fi movies and shows. Could you do a mission where the heroes are forced to travel back to Earth before the final war? Maybe in order to save a specific creature or person (think Star Trek IV or when Kirk had to travel back to Earth in the original show). You could have the baddies from the future go back too to try to stop the heroes so that you would not have to add any other standees/minis. Corny, sure but I already said I'm a sucker for those shows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cbatarlis wrote:

Not sure how, but I'd love it if some sort of nod to Event Horizon (film) could be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjace wrote:

SotLT crossover ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russonc wrote:
ninjace wrote:

SotLT crossover ...

+1000
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JudgementDave wrote:
cbatarlis wrote:

Not sure how, but I'd love it if some sort of nod to Event Horizon (film) could be done.

This would be awesome! I would like to see where we go when we don't need eyes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Samartino
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
eharding wrote:
russonc wrote:
ninjace wrote:

SotLT crossover ...

+1000

Hmmm... SotLT crossover... Let's say that was one of the ideas we have been throwing around

It would also be great to have the Station taken over by a "Shiny beer can" named Skippy... Obscure reference, anyone else catch it (other than Chris)?

I also have a Titanic idea that I am itching to pull the trigger on (and no, I don't mean the cruise ship). But I am going to sit at the edge of my captains chair and wait for all the ideas to pour in. This is such a great opportunity for fan interaction, so we plan to hold off on locking in the final list of "Lost Missions" until the end of the campaign.

Keep up the great suggestion everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Samartino
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
eharding wrote:
JudgementDave wrote:
cbatarlis wrote:

This would be awesome! I would like to see where we go when we don't need eyes!

Event Horizon - I like it! Station is at risk of getting sucked into a black hole... Possibly split path climax. What happens if you get sucked in? What happens if you are successful in escaping the black hole. Did you just jump out of the frying pan and into the fire?

You just made my "potentials list"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Samartino
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
cbatarlis wrote:
ninjace wrote:

I heard a suggestion on the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse, in Space... Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjace wrote:
cbatarlis wrote:
ninjace wrote:

I heard a suggestion on the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse, in Space... Thoughts?

The 4 Shuttle Pilots of the Apocalypse!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Being a massive Lovecraftian fan, and a big fan of Ramsey Campbell, made me think about Ghroth.

Ghroth's a planet sized being (looks like a planet - see 'The Tugging' short story) that destroys other planets. Along the lines of a sentient nemesis planet or Nibiru.

Being in space, it could be fun to bring a Nemesis planet (hopefully Ghroth!) into play. Maybe there's something/someone controlling/summoning it? And a planet killer ought to be a threat to a mere space station...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

+1 for the time travle idea

+1 for the event horizon idea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Woof
msg tools
5th element inspired plot of defending against the ultimate evil invading moon. SoTLS already has the eclectic character set to make it work :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hudecki
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of like a Space Madness, or a telepathic parasitic alien entity that turns one of the heroes bad. It could jump from hero to hero based on repelling it with some willpower feat. I'm having visions of a sci fi Jack Torrance scenario. Betrayal on Haunted Station, anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Creed
msg tools
Event horizon sounds great.

What about a mission where an alien species that drains electricity is loose on the station. Slowly you lose power affecting life support/lights/shields/ weapons, etc. Take too long to find and eradicate the alien species and the station is left to drift in space(cold, dark and lifeless)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Lewis
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A drifting "hulk" craft filled with undead, ghosts, spirits etc.
Maybe some are trapped souls of the heroes/villains that died in a previous
SOTLT campaign who need their souls released/exorcised.
Who or what has caused them to be drawn to this vast drifting ship?
"Legends of Tomorrow time" travelling to SOTLT period or others.
"Stargate Universe"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Samartino
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Master Patterner wrote:
A drifting "hulk" craft filled with undead, ghosts, spirits etc.
Maybe some are trapped souls of the heroes/villains that died in a previous
SOTLT campaign who need their souls released/exorcised.
Who or what has caused them to be drawn to this vast drifting ship?
"Legends of Tommorow time" travelling to SOTLT period or others.
"Stargate Universe"

Well Developed idea! Thanks for sharing, I like the concept
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Samartino
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Great Ideas Everyone! Keep the coming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Harle
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Futurama inspired, a delivery ship with a orange haired 20 something, a one eyed alien and a crude robot dock with the station...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see a mission or two without any combat. Something with all story and skill tests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.