8 Posts

Yomi» Forums » General

Subject: Hello few questions about YOmi? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maki ilja
msg tools
Hi i have few questions.

I would like to buy the game but my store only has the first edition compleat for 95 € ? Is it worth it cuz online on steam you get it for 30 € ?
I don't know if its better to just play online cuz i don't have a lot of people that might play it cuz they play MTG (magic the gathering) so i don't know if they will like it my gf will totaly play it with me through so thats a + but its just 1 person is it worth ?
Is 1st edition a lot worser then 2nd and should just try to get 2nd edition
Is online play more fun ?
Could i just print the cards cuz i would like the game if not possible to buy is there a way of geting all card images ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Heikkilä
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
If you never lose, you are never truly tested and never forced to grow.
badge
People who can see get to choose.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy official print-and-play decks from the publisher's website. They cost $3 each.
http://sirlingames.com/shop-yomi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the v1 decks are still very well balanced (and very fun) if you are only playing with the v1 decks. I think part of the reason for the changes was to improve balance when they added 10 extra characters for v2. I can't really comment much on the v1 decks as a whole as I've only played Grave and Jaina using v1 but can confirm that I had enough fun to get the entire v2 when it came out on KS.

Alternatively, depending on how the cost of shipping looks, you could buy the Round 1 pack from the publishers website (Heikai already gave you the link). That gives you 4 characters to play with which are under the latest v2 rules but without the need to buy a whole set.

If later, you decide you want more characters, you can then buy the individual character decks that appeal to you. Particularly if it's just you and your gf, this may be the better way to go as the depth of the game means that it's unlikely you would play all 20 characters equally.

In terms of online vs physical - the online version has the exact same rules and is a very slick interface which would give you access to playing against other people in the community. The only real downside is that you lose the ability to read your opponent by way of body language etc (otoh, playing online forces you to think a lot more about valuation which is probably the more fundamental skill when it comes to being a good Yomi player). Ultimately, it really comes down to your personal preference around playing digital vs playing physical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maki ilja
msg tools
So the print and play option is available so i need to go some where to print them hmm i like it but it is only for usa ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Markocarko wrote:
So the print and play option is available so i need to go some where to print them hmm i like it but it is only for usa ?

PnP isn't just for USA. All you need to do is click on the item you are interested in and on the following page, you will see an option to pay a reduced price for PnP.

In this regard, I just clicked on the Round 1 set and the PnP is listed as being available for $0.00. Seems like a great way to try out the game to see if you like it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Markocarko wrote:

Just throwing out eye that e quality of e cards are top notch. It might seem like a big investment for everyone but I was really happy when I got my copy.

Also a note that there are solo rules for the physical version. Also it has funky 2v2 or 2v1 rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maki ilja
msg tools
Yes thank you very much thats what i needed if i like it ill buy it in the next month . But its a good way to test it !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I think the first edition is fine. Also better to play in person than online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.