Subject: Unleashed Game: 800 Yautja versus Xenomorphs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konstantinos Lekkas
Greece
Karditsa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend and I recently played our first "larger" game. We used 800 points of Predators vs Aliens.

Both armies were built by using every model we could at least once.

Predators (no-clan, all have base equipment plus the parenthesis items):
Warlord - Berserker Elder (Gattling Plasma Caster, Sacrificial Dagger)
Hero - Female Predator (Glaive, Wrist Dart)
Hero - Tracker (Dual Plasma Caster)
Troop - 5 Hellhounds
Troop - 3 Youngbloods (2 extra Wrist Blade, 1 Combi-Stick)
Troop - 1 Blooded (Smart Disc, Sacrificial Dagger)
Troop - 1 Blooded (Combi-Stick, Shuriken)

Aliens:
Warlord - Queen (4 Egg Pods, Adrenaline Boost, Royal Jelly, Toughened Exoskeleton)
Hero - Predalien
Troop - 10 Infants, 2 Facehuggers (Scuttlers)
Troop - 10 Stalkers (Adrenaline Boost)
Troop - 5 Warriors, 1 Facehugger (Scuttlers)
Support - 1 Royal Guard (Adrenaline Boost)
Monster - 1 Crusher, (Adrenaline Boost)

We played Mission 3 "Old Grudge" where we need to annihilate the enemy Warlord. We also rolled for Faction Objectives, and the Predators had Prisoner Grab and the Aliens Blood Feud.

We used a bad camera for pictures, so I will not upload any. The normal cam is out for repair

The terrain was speed-setup using only Mantic items (Deadzone Buildings and Crates), but enough were used to cover the majority of the board at least with crate dumps.

Both players deployed their army using Stalk and Lurk and subsequently Preemptive Strike, and first turn went to the Predators.

I will "fast forward" the turns, since it is not much fun without the pictures.

On the first turn, the Pred Hellhounds and Xeno Stalkers both used their speed to run close to the enemies and reveal as many markers as they could. The Hellhounds revealed and fell upon the Infants, while the Stalkers used their superior numbers to reveal at least 9 Tokens (Revealed both Blooded and the Youngbloods), and engage any Predators they could.

The rest of the turn was moving models forwards for the Aliens and the Predator Characters, shooting where they could. The engaged Predators did their best to shake off the Infants, killing enough but taking Acid damage in return.

On the second turn, the Predators ganged the Stalker leader and achiever their Faction Objective, while the Warriors took enough wounds off the captors so that the Warrior Leader could rush in and slay them both, earning the Xeno Faction Objective. The Berserker one-shot the Predalien using enough resources to buff his Gattling, while the Aliens cleaned up more of the lowly Preds. The other Pred Heroes wiped the Infants and Royal Guard, to open up a Path for the Queen.

The third turn saw the Queen being wounded in more than just her feelings, so she run into the Warriors for extra protection. The Crusher used his "ram" ability and killed off the two remaining lowly preds, and everything else run towards the Queen and the Berzerker. The Female and Tracker engaged the Queen, removing her bodyguards. The Female's Glaive did the handy-work, but she died in the proccess due to losing her last 3 wounds to failing all 3(!!!) Acid checks.

In the fourth turn, all Aliens converged near the Berzerker. The two remaining Preds ('Zerker-Tracker) left the Queen on one wound, and the Aliens killed off the Tracker. The Queen Regenerated one lost wound for the first time.

The fifth turn started in favour of the Aliens, and the last Stalker run to engage the Berzerker (engaged models can't shoot). The Berzerker replied with a cc attack, and all Alien hopes were crushed not by the Crusher, but by the roll of (1) on the Berzerker's Dagger. The Berzerker then procceeded to shoot down the Queen, succeeding all hits, and the Queen failing to save exactly the needed ammount, and was blown to bits (or smoked to vapor?).

Predators 20-5 Aliens

A very close game, decided by the gods of Dice and some poor Alien deployment. At the end of the game, all that was left standing was an Unwounded Berzerker, Unwounded Crusher, 1 Alien Warrior.

Cheers,
K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irish Man
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great report, and a brilliantly fun game to boot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Lekkas
Greece
Karditsa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks mate

Ye, I'm having much fun with W.A.R., be it Capitol or Aliens D20 makes of a very unpredictable system, and I love the attrition rate. Models die, and you spend them like ammo. Especially Alien Infantss It's like Exploding Kittens, only they don't go Meow and they explode on your face

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mcleod
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice write up, what did you do about the Resource Cards? (or lack off)

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Lekkas
Greece
Karditsa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "resources" are indeed a number that keeps getting less as you use it. So, coins, beads, beans, anything will do

I have the Warzone deck and Resource Cards though, and I use them.

Cheers, K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Charles Hureau
France
flag msg tools
Hello,

I try another games tomorow ( USMC vs Xenomorphe ), my second games. This times i try to use the ressource but for the deck, only one from prodos shop ( and picture from warzone )

Do you know if there is Ressource card with Alien VS pred Universe ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.