City of Iron: Second Edition» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Boardgames above and beyond rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kim ----
Belgium
flag msg tools

Hi guys,

I think if I say that we love Red Raven games at home I would not be lying. Almost all of their/his games are on our shelf. Recently we pulled an Red Raven Games night. The first game we put on the table is City of Iron: Second Edition

City of Iron is game where you try to build a nation in a world filled with the 3 m's: machines, magic and money. Every player takes on the roll of one of the four available nations:
Industrious Humans
Toad Engineers
Scholary Cresarians
Clever Hogmen

This game is made for 2 to 4 players and takes around 2 hours of play. City of Iron 2nd edition is suited for ages 13 and up.
Every city has a limited capacity. You need to decide what you will keep and demolish. You will collected building structures to advance your nation. You want to make a name for yourself.

City of Iron is a very good game. As you can each choose your own nation, the tactics that you will use are different. You start with a 'starting' deck and you are pooling from your nations deck. Overal these characters are similar, but you have characters that are especially your own. I always make sure I can buy another city that fullfills the resources that I'm missing, but make sure you read all symbols. I once had that I forgot that I needed a boat. Not that handy. I also try to diverse my resources. This helps you gain victory points. I love looking into every aspect and make sure i'm going up slowly but surely. I really like this game and would love to play it a lot.

For me this game is a thumbsup 8/10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.