Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Space? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikael Soderhus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

How much table space does this game require if you set everything up _tightly_ and play from the box? As an example: I normally play MK from the box (with an insert) and that takes up about 60*80 cm due to efficient use of space. Is this possible with this game?

Thanks!
/M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Count of Tuscany
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
I read in another topic that the board size is 624mm x 818mm, that being the standard size, not the extended board size.

You have to take into account that you also have the faction and player boards. I estimate the player mats to be around 12 cm broad and the faction mats to be about 8 cm. You have to see how you arrange them around the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Hayes
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
Superbowl Champions!
badge
It's an onion.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this helps much since I don't have the dimensions of my table.

I believe this is WITH board extension.

This is fully set up for 5-6 players WITH board extension and faction mats on same table.

My gaming table can fit 2 people on each of the 4 sides, a little cramped, but they'll fit. If that gives any amount of help. Also, I can't recommend this game enough if you love efficiency and engine building!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont know what you mean play from the box. Leaving the box on the table will take up even more space.

It doesn't have to take up that much though. Not more than the average big euro. I've played it on small gamestore tables before with four.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Marney
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
You don't need to play from the box with Scythe; the main board has plenty of unused space around the edges to put all your bits on the board itself, and the player boards have room to put all your extra wooden pieces. However, it does take up a good bit of table space, because each player has 2 player boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Soderhus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the excellent pictures!
I have gotten a small table which I aim to dedicate to solo play only (multiplayer can be done on the kitchen table during a weekend). The thought is to play a few rounds here and there during the weeks when there are small bits of spare time that my daughter allows... MK can be done in this table, I know this for a fact - even though it's considered a huge game spatially. Efficiency is everything.
Can everything be kept on the Scytheboard - including my own player board(s)? It's a solo players question, that is.
Thanks for your answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmb
It definitely takes up a lot of space. You need a proper sized table to play I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Soderhus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Derry: the box can be placed on a chair and stuffed away when not playing. The board however (and everything that MUST stay on the board/table) needs table space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.