Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Istanbul is my SO favorite game and for me, I mostly seem to like it more with the first expansion included. I enjoy certain aspects from the second expansion, but we mostly don't like it.

I thought I once read the designer had 3 expansions in mind, although I might be mistaken and it was 2. So, anyone know any plans or ideas about a next expansion?

Also, the Caravan Leader mini expansion/promo...any idea how to obtain it? (the release with official rules included).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting that you are asking for more. For me, right now, it is right at the edge of too-much for what it has going when the two expansions are being used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
Australia
Marrickville (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
Also, the Caravan Leader mini expansion/promo...any idea how to obtain it? (the release with official rules included).

This is just a new rule with an identifying token. You can download the rule on BGG and use any small object as the token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reasonably sure I've seen Ralph Bruhn (the developer) say somewhere on BGG that they were done with major expansions. Maybe there'll be another promo here and there, but I think the city is topping out at 25 locations.

As James says, the Caravan Leader expansion is just a rule and a marking token. If you want the actual black camel piece, it's the same one as in the Camel Up Referee promo which is in the Geek Store. It doesn't come with the Istanbul rules, but someone recreated the rule sheet in one of the forum posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Cliffy73 wrote:
I'm reasonably sure I've seen Ralph Bruhn (the developer) say somewhere on BGG that they were done with major expansions.
Yes, and this is still true.
But maybe it's interesting for you to know that "Istanbul - The Dice game" will be published soon.
It's not really a simplified version of Istanbul - so yes, the theme is the same, but the gameplay is quite different. So it's again about collecting goods and Lira to finally exchange them into rubies, but now you have to use your dice to achieve this ...
A game usually doesn't take more than half an hour and it is lighter than the board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barandur wrote:

Do you reckon there is the possibility to print a supermini expansion that contains kebaC, pegasus warehouse and the camel just for us completionnist?

PLEAAAAASEEEE?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
capricorn_tm wrote:
barandur wrote:

Do you reckon there is the possibility to print a supermini expansion that contains kebaC, pegasus warehouse and the camel just for us completionnist?

PLEAAAAASEEEE?!?
I'm sorry, but to be honest I don't think this will happen ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cry cry cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you come up with a good expansion idea, make it and I'm sure you'll find people here for playtesting to get it to a good balanced state :-). (And who knows, if it was really good maybe you'd convince the publisher to take it on).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Orac
Austria
Graz
Styria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pegasus posted today on facebook that there will be an Istanbbul Dice game. It will be a stand alone game.
It's not an expansion but at least it's something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sanasani wrote:
Pegasus posted today on facebook that there will be an Istanbbul Dice game. It will be a stand alone game.

... which was mentioned only 5 posts above yours in this very thread 6 days ago :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Orac
Austria
Graz
Styria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:
sanasani wrote:

... which was mentioned only 5 posts above yours in this very thread 6 days ago

You Sir, are absolutely right. I may have just read the main postblush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.