Julian Dick
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
mb
Hi there legendary boys and girls!

I played this game a lot lately, mostly solo or 2 player coop.
For us, the game should be hard to win pure-coop (maybe 40% victory rate). We don't care a bit about points and highscores.

We made some random setups using an app, but quickly noticed that the enjoyment of these random scenarios can be quite unstable. Some setups are well balanced and you have to make some smart decisions to win.
Others are super easy and end quickly.
Then there are also setups which have no interesting combo abilities and you are not able to react to certain enemies etc. because you dont have the matching hero classes/affiliations and are frankly just broken/unbalanced/unwinable.

We decided the game is best if you play preconstructed scenarios that are playtested. There are a lot of those here on bgg, the marvel universe campaign, or the weekly challenges, to name a few.
For us coop fans it is important that these scenarios were balanced with pure-coop in mind, so that it is actually a challenge to win the scenario. Those highscore challges do not interesst us.

Can someone with experience recommend scenarios/campaigns which fulfill our requirements?

thank you very much in advance, Enroth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friends and I recently did a Defenders themed scenario in honor of the Netflix series premiering. I wrote about it some here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1825108/fun-combo-kingpin-w...

The general gist was using characters that appear in the Netflix universe: Daredevil, Elektra, Iron Fist, Luke Cage (Jessica Jones) and Punisher in the Hero deck. They were up against Kingpin and the scheme Weave a Web of Lies. Kingpin can be a bit easy (imo), due to the Bribe mechanic, without something to stand in his way and I felt like this scheme did a good job of that.

You cannot hit Kingpin until you have rescued a number of Bystanders equal to the amount of Scheme Twists revealed.

I am not sure how the balance will be solo or 2-player, as I played this particular matchup with 5 players. It was definitely tough though, we got very close to losing.

The scheme also does not feel cheap to me. I have recently played some schemes that I did not enjoy (United States Split by Civil War).

Would also be interested in some other thematic match-ups that do not feel too random, as I have not enjoyed my random matchups lately either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In terms of app the one i use (Legendary Randomizer) as na option, Smart Selection that makes minimum the risk of totally unplayable scenarios.

As for other options, around here you have a ammount of challenges made by amazing people that will give you something to work for!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Good
msg tools
Enroth186 wrote:
Hi there legendary boys and girls!

I played this game a lot lately, mostly solo or 2 player coop.
For us, the game should be hard to win pure-coop (maybe 40% victory rate). We don't care a bit about points and highscores.

We made some random setups using an app, but quickly noticed that the enjoyment of these random scenarios can be quite unstable. Some setups are well balanced and you have to make some smart decisions to win.
Others are super easy and end quickly.
Then there are also setups which have no interesting combo abilities and you are not able to react to certain enemies etc. because you dont have the matching hero classes/affiliations and are frankly just broken/unbalanced/unwinable.

We decided the game is best if you play preconstructed scenarios that are playtested. There are a lot of those here on bgg, the marvel universe campaign, or the weekly challenges, to name a few.
For us coop fans it is important that these scenarios were balanced with pure-coop in mind, so that it is actually a challenge to win the scenario. Those highscore challges do not interesst us.

Can someone with experience recommend scenarios/campaigns which fulfill our requirements?

thank you very much in advance, Enroth

You dont say which sets you have access to, or if you did i missed it. Lol
If you have the Xmen expansion I highly recommend RangerRobs campaign
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1797040/rangerrobs-uncanny-...
Its tough but not impossible. It is highly thematic with heroes that have synergy.
Great campaign that gave my family a month of entertainment.

Regards,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Taylor
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Villians would not get a reputation if they always lost. I prefer the random setups because sometimes it's not the heroes day or you may have to play through a setup a couple of time to find a new strategy with the heroes selected.

On a loss, try rotating another lesser played hero and see if the tides change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't let the points system fool you: Most of the recent seasons of DarthEd's Legendary League involve quite challenging setups. To win some of them at all is quite difficult.

For example, Zombie Green Goblin in charge of the Thor Corps and other Recruitable Heroes. I'll say no more.

Have the base set X-Men take down Loki and the Legacy Virus scheme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1008529/weekly-challenge-su...

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1375425/all-new-weekly-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.