Deathless Eye
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
Hi everyone

I just want to tell you how we play

And if theres something wrong or you want to add something , please tell me

1- they never talk about how much they are bidding .

2- if someone forgot to put a power tokken to control a land , you cant tell him to .

3- if someone forgot to use the sword in a combat you dont tell him to , thats his problem .

4-you cant tell him what orders to play , even when u need support , he should see himself that u need support so before placing orders , he should be aware .

5- you can ask for help by saying help me , but never tell where you want the help , he should figure it out.

6- you can make promises , u can say lets take down that house.

7- you can both attack one house , And make him suffer.

---------------------------------

We put these rules because our first game when there was so much talking we didnt like what happened .

So, what rules do u guys use ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy cow! Those are some brutal rules! That's not how Alliances work in real life so why would you impose such Byzantine restrictions on yourself like this? The purpose of alliances is to benefit all involved -- if an ally does something wrong or forgets about something, that has implications for you as well. As written, what you're calling an alliance is nothing of the sort.

/my 2¢

**edit: spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Weidenbach
msg tools
yup, there should be no rules for Alliances. Everything goes, just like in real life. You would normaly not only ask your Ally for help, but tell him how he should help you.

Of course you can tell your Ally that he should give you support in a designated place. But it is his descision to do so or to lie to you (or tell you he wont do it because whatever).

I tell everybody if they forget to leave a power token, friend or foe. Imo that is only fair, we are playing to have fun, not for serious competition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deathless Eye
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
Im ok with everything you said !! But to remind an enemy to put a power token if he forgot !! Or use the sword if he forgot

Forgive me but i cant see the fun here !!

Actually we ll make a big laugh if he forgot to do so !! It will be FUN

For me and and my group .. the fun is in the competition .. its a strategy game

Anyway it doesnt matter as long as the group agrees with the rules you make

But i like opinions and new ideas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Lodge
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... I strongly disagree with all of that.

No rules to alliances. If a player reminds, helps another player against you... it's tough!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yosef Bender

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have added to event 2 alliance cards when they come up players can talk freely and make alliances that last till the next time the card show up in the deck/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gomez
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I, personally, feel that talking is a huge part of the game. Trying to get other players to do what YOU need intead of what's good for them.
We'll have conversations about everything.
The thing is, you can say "so I'm going to place a support token here, just in case player 3 thinks attacking you is a good idea". Just there, you have given so much info to every player. They may change all their plans because of something you weren't even going to do. I will say things like "need help at winterfell, if player 4 takes it, he's 1 castle from victory". Then, when the othe player used support to help you, you can attack him .
Talking, for me, is a huge part of the game.
I do take alliances very seriously though. In this game we usually make alliances for "x" amount of turns. They can be broken, but a broken alliance will always be remembered in future games...

As for power tokens. We don't tell people about them. But we have a house rule for every game we play: You can always fix one wrong move, or replay a turn. as long as the next player hasn't started.

Use of the sword is diferent, in my opinion. I will mention it or not mention it depending on what I want the outcome of the battle to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.