Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evelin Auger
Canada
Portneuf
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a three players game yesterday and loved it. We were surprised to find out that the rules for the Montan companies, after acting them, became very intuitives. And the duration also was relatively short (6 hours with the rules and all newbies for this one).

Here are some things that got me thinking:

1- "A railway link can only be built for a pMC whose location marker is in a hex field or on a hex tile which has a track connected to a station of a floated Railway Corporation."

What means "in a hex field"?

2- We played with the optional Capex cards and very early ran out of "A" markers. When came the Montan round arrived, there was not enough of "A" markers to fulfil the need when starting a corporation with a passive pMC.
I assume that this would happen very rarely.

3- The "X" markers are doing the job of an "A" marker when placed on the first row. Right?

That's about it for now, we will play it again next week.

Félicitations aux auteurs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it 7 times now in its various iterations, and I've enjoyed it quite a bit as well.

iulius12 wrote:
What means "in a hex field"?

It means that the location marker of the pMC must be in a hex that has track (connected to a floated Railway Corporation.) The idea is that you can't connect a pMC to the railway if no railway has reached the hex in which the pMC is located.

Quote:
I assume that this would happen very rarely.

Not all that rarely. It depends quite a bit on how aggressively the pMCs retain earnings in order to buy Capex cards. You will find that different groups of players, or even the same players in different games, can vary quite a bit in how hard they push this.

Quote:
The "X" markers are doing the job of an "A" marker when placed on the first row. Right?

Right. Sometimes that job is simply to support higher level markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.