Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
Hi,

I am thinking about designing some clips to hold my TI4 board together. Can somebody provide me with the tile thickness? Thanks!!!

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Pratt
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually measured this last night.

With a sampling of about three sides on about half a dozen hexes, I was seeing a pretty consistent .068 inches thick.

I'm going to experiment with some .060 chipboard and a couple of thin pages attached to see how close it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ike Evans
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
No thanks needed. I'm just your everyday galactic hero.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Along these lines, since I'm not interested in starting a brand new thread to ask a related question...

I have a player board that is sized for TI3 tiles. Are the TI4 tiles the same size edge-to-edge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. The TI4 tiles are a couple mm bigger. Just enough to ruin your player board.

See this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3724874/twilight-imperium-fo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsam Tabletop
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Jatta Pake wrote:
No. The TI4 tiles are a couple mm bigger. Just enough to ruin your player board.

See this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3724874/twilight-imperium-fo...

Specifically: Components Comparison
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They do fit the play mat from the 2016 FFG National championships at Origins. It's almost as if they new then (the mat didn't fit the ti3 it was made for) that 4th ed was coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.