Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Anslow
England
Warminster
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a strange one the other night playing a French/German scenario.

My opponent discarded which allowed me to play an event/action to bring on a hidden unit with certain conditions.

After my roll and reference to the date the only unit available was a leader who was currently on the casualty track. After some rules checking and friendly debate, we decided to allow him back onto the field of play due to other cards which also allow units to return to play from the casualty track under certain conditions.

Did we get this right or have we missed something in the rules?

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Roger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
rsa1 wrote:
After my roll and reference to the date the only unit available was a leader who was currently on the casualty track. After some rules checking and friendly debate, we decided to allow him back onto the field of play due to other cards which also allow units to return to play from the casualty track under certain conditions.

Did we get this right or have we missed something in the rules?

I would think "no".

FWIW: Forum search for hidden unit eliminated reveals:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/2544112#2544112
stating that only "walking wounded" lets you return eliminated units from the casualty track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
When you make your support roll, you pick an available unit. He's not available if he's on the Casualty Track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also not have allowed it. No available (non-eliminated) unit means no hidden unit to bring on. Tough luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Anslow
England
Warminster
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all, my opponent will claim it null and void now!shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I believe that in the case of the Germans there are two commanders available in at least two of the slots, so if one was unavailable I would assume you could take the other. Obviously, this wasn't the case with the OP's situation. I just thought I would point it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
When you make your support roll, you pick an available unit. He's not available if he's on the Casualty Track.

Ah I see the "Zombie BP" rolling around my head as you say that.

zombie zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.