Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Stuffed Fables» Forums » General

Subject: Teaser stories? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
Where is all the teaser stuff on Plaidhat website? Or even on BGG? I remember Tail Feathers had a lot of back story revealed about characters. Game mechanics were shown. Etc. And with Downwood Tales there were hero spotlights and ability cards were revealed.

Does Plaidhat, ownership twice removed, not do that sort of thing for games anymore? I just follow Jerry's games and not any of the others, so I don't know if they still do it for the others.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Relampagos wrote:
Where is all the teaser stuff on Plaidhat website? Or even on BGG? I remember Tail Feathers had a lot of back story revealed about characters. Game mechanics were shown. Etc. And with Downwood Tales there were hero spotlights and ability cards were revealed.

Does Plaidhat, ownership twice removed, not do that sort of thing for games anymore? I just follow Jerry's games and not any of the others, so I don't know if they still do it for the others.
It's all coming soon. We have a ton of content planned.
16 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
nobeerblues wrote:
Relampagos wrote:
Where is all the teaser stuff on Plaidhat website? Or even on BGG? I remember Tail Feathers had a lot of back story revealed about characters. Game mechanics were shown. Etc. And with Downwood Tales there were hero spotlights and ability cards were revealed.

Does Plaidhat, ownership twice removed, not do that sort of thing for games anymore? I just follow Jerry's games and not any of the others, so I don't know if they still do it for the others.
It's all coming soon. We have a ton of content planned.


Thanks Jerry!

Any teasers for upcoming M&M content? whistle
5 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Relampagos wrote:
nobeerblues wrote:
Relampagos wrote:
Where is all the teaser stuff on Plaidhat website? Or even on BGG? I remember Tail Feathers had a lot of back story revealed about characters. Game mechanics were shown. Etc. And with Downwood Tales there were hero spotlights and ability cards were revealed.

Does Plaidhat, ownership twice removed, not do that sort of thing for games anymore? I just follow Jerry's games and not any of the others, so I don't know if they still do it for the others.
It's all coming soon. We have a ton of content planned.


Thanks Jerry!

Any teasers for upcoming M&M content? whistle
Gimme a chance, I'm just 1 guy!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
nobeerblues wrote:
Relampagos wrote:
nobeerblues wrote:
Relampagos wrote:
Where is all the teaser stuff on Plaidhat website? Or even on BGG? I remember Tail Feathers had a lot of back story revealed about characters. Game mechanics were shown. Etc. And with Downwood Tales there were hero spotlights and ability cards were revealed.

Does Plaidhat, ownership twice removed, not do that sort of thing for games anymore? I just follow Jerry's games and not any of the others, so I don't know if they still do it for the others.
It's all coming soon. We have a ton of content planned.


Thanks Jerry!

Any teasers for upcoming M&M content? whistle
Gimme a chance, I'm just 1 guy!


Just happy to see you back on the boards. My wife and I played through the M&M campaigns and loved them. It got me into mini painting, which makes the game look even better. That game was the only way to get my wife into playing games with just the two of us. It has been a blast for the last couple years. When she saw Stuffed Fables, she said "so, you're gonna paint that, right?" Just assuming we had to play through that as well.

Thanks for the enjoyment.

PS- Us Mice & Mystic fan(atic)s are just monsters of your own creation.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Relampagos wrote:
nobeerblues wrote:
Relampagos wrote:
nobeerblues wrote:
Relampagos wrote:
Where is all the teaser stuff on Plaidhat website? Or even on BGG? I remember Tail Feathers had a lot of back story revealed about characters. Game mechanics were shown. Etc. And with Downwood Tales there were hero spotlights and ability cards were revealed.

Does Plaidhat, ownership twice removed, not do that sort of thing for games anymore? I just follow Jerry's games and not any of the others, so I don't know if they still do it for the others.
It's all coming soon. We have a ton of content planned.


Thanks Jerry!

Any teasers for upcoming M&M content? whistle
Gimme a chance, I'm just 1 guy!


Just happy to see you back on the boards. My wife and I played through the M&M campaigns and loved them. It got me into mini painting, which makes the game look even better. That game was the only way to get my wife into playing games with just the two of us. It has been a blast for the last couple years. When she saw Stuffed Fables, she said "so, you're gonna paint that, right?" Just assuming we had to play through that as well.

Thanks for the enjoyment.

PS- Us Mice & Mystic fan(atic)s are just monsters of your own creation.
That is such a kind thing to say. I love creating games that invite new players into the hobby of adventure gaming.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Relampagos wrote:
Where is all the teaser stuff on Plaidhat website? Or even on BGG? I remember Tail Feathers had a lot of back story revealed about characters. Game mechanics were shown. Etc. And with Downwood Tales there were hero spotlights and ability cards were revealed.

Does Plaidhat, ownership twice removed, not do that sort of thing for games anymore? I just follow Jerry's games and not any of the others, so I don't know if they still do it for the others.


Ok we are getting this going. Here you go:

https://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/828
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
Now that's what I'm talkin about!

Thanks Jerry!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This week we talk about how fables are used in Stuffed Fables

https://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/830
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miha hančič
Slovenia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of side stories, that are maybe not the main focus of the game, but add depth and imersivness. Sort of a way to look around while you're going towards your ingame objective. Nice idea! And the talking points at the end too.

It's because of the stories and lovable characters that I just can't help but love the games and worlds you are creating in them.

I am quite excited to dive into this one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wednesday is preview day. This week we look at Flops the feisty bunny hero!

https://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/831
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We have another preview today!
https://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/834
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
We have another preview today!
https://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/834


Continues to look amazing! Can't wait! whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel H
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jerry, for those of us who aren't as young as we used to be, how is the readability? Some of those page images look like the text is quite small, for something that's supposed to be read while it's in the middle of the table.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Classicsmiley wrote:
Jerry, for those of us who aren't as young as we used to be, how is the readability? Some of those page images look like the text is quite small, for something that's supposed to be read while it's in the middle of the table.


We’ve never had any problems with this. The font is easy to read with most eyesights and table sizes.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
These teasers are what I was expecting and hoping for. Looking good.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wednesday preview is up at Plaid Hat Games: Today we discuss the cuddly elephant Lumpy.
https://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/835
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Another teaser. Today we look at the little girl at the center of the story:
https://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/836
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miha hančič
Slovenia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a snippet of a game this week too, Jerry is just busy at Essen playing demos.

For all who haven't yet seen it - Introducing Stitch
https://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/838
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miha hančič
Slovenia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Guest written Stuffed Fables preview this week.

https://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/841
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This week we look at Crepitus and his minions:

https://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/844
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miha hančič
Slovenia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Uuu, the baddies

I was somewhat concerned, from my very first first impression, that this might be a bit too scary for some children. I mean, the game about bad dreams, crawlies under the bed, broken toys taking the little girl to some scary dark land...

but reading this it really doesn't feel like that at all, it's still scary, but in the nicest possible way.

Come to think of it, Mice and Mystics is actually quite scary too, the mice are fighting for their tiny lives there, but it doesn't feel like that at all. The story and the characters make it just a wonderful experience. And I just can't wait to experience this new world also.

Well done Jerry!

p.s. Seriously, every new update makes me just a little more excited for this game. Can't wait.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mihaha wrote:
Uuu, the baddies

I was somewhat concerned, from my very first first impression, that this might be a bit too scary for some children. I mean, the game about bad dreams, crawlies under the bed, broken toys taking the little girl to some scary dark land...

but reading this it really doesn't feel like that at all, it's still scary, but in the nicest possible way.

Come to think of it, Mice and Mystics is actually quite scary too, the mice are fighting for their tiny lives there, but it doesn't feel like that at all. The story and the characters make it just a wonderful experience. And I just can't wait to experience this new world also.

Well done Jerry!

p.s. Seriously, every new update makes me just a little more excited for this game. Can't wait.
Thank you! It really is a balancing act. I think when you peel back the layers of fear itself, you find in many cases there just wasn’t anything there worth fearing. This story is like that in a way.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, it's Wednesday. You know what that means! Check out this preview of the first 2 pages of the first story.

https://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/848
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miha hančič
Slovenia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not wednesday today but this is new

https://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/866

Stuffed Fables and the Psychology of Play

Also, the game is finally out
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.