Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Wagner
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspired by this very interesting blog post: Level 9 - the perfect fit
and due to my experience with first time players during playtesting or at conventions, I want to share my ideas about calculating your score as easily as possible.

I played a quick solo game this morning and this is what it looked like in the end:

Don't ask me about the zero on the 2nd level. I thought it could add just the surface I need to put s.th. on top later – well it didn't

How to proceed:

1 Don't take the tiles bit by bit putting them on just one pile while summing up the points at the same time. It is quite a lot of calculating and if you make a mistake, it is hard to remember the level of the tiles.

2 Instead, from top to bottom, take all the tiles of a level and put them aside. Keep the different levels in ascending order and separate from each other. Ignore the base (level 0) as it always scores 0 points.

3 Then, starting with level 1, sum up the numbers on that level and multiply the sum with the number of the level (of course you can skip multiplying by 1 on level 1 ninja). Memorize the result and move on to the next level. Add the results per level on your way to the top level.

Of course this is not the ONE way to calculate your score, but maybe this can be helpful. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a very simple and logical thing to do! Thanks. (My copy arrives today - hopefully in the next couple of hours.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fuller
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is perfect! My copy's due any day now and this would not have been entirely an intuitive solution to me so I'm grateful for your post!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I take the number so from the lowest level before calculating and put down the sum with the numbers . Then next with adding etc. looks nice but needs more time for calculating

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.