Thumb up
1 Posts

Nexus Ops» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First game of Nexus Ops at home(funny) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Hill
msg tools
So I bought Nexus Op 2 days ago and boy was i exited, i got into avalon hill through Monsters Menace America about a year ago, and I really like the Deployment of Military units aspect of that game, so when i heard about Nexus and all of its buying and commanding of troops i was ready to shell out the $25 at my local Game store for a new copy, anyway the following is a funny situation that happened in our first run of the game (me, my mom and my dad)

It was well into the game, and all 3 of us had a decent number of units out, of course were just deciphering the game now, so stratigies arent really too present in this current game. I had a few troops of humans doing some mining, and to protect them i had Cristillines around the mines. Any fungoids i had i would form a strike force and overwhelm incoming invaders on my territory. Dad had a few gragons on the monolithe and mom was attempting to spread out her control of the moon. Well a battle just so happend to ensue on my turn. I felt Dads Strider was gettin too close, so i sent in 2 Fungoids, nothin special. They were all i had in the area. So i sent em in.

"Alrighty dad, theres no Dragons, or leapers in this battle so you attack first with your strider" I tell him to roll
"alright," he confirms
Dad rolls a 6 and takes out 1 of my Fungoids. I take him off the board.
"Okay now i attack with my fungoid, because the battle order goes to him now." I explain
"Huh?" he asks
"what?" I say
"But i just killed you" he says
"You just killed one of the guys who were going to attack you" I say back to him
"No i wanted to attack the one that was gonna attack me" he says
"but they were both gonna attack you" i say
"Then give me another attack" he says
"your strider doesnt get another attack, theres only one strider." i tell him
"why not?" Dad asks me
"Cause theres only one strider!" I tell him
"On my side or your side?"He asks
"YOUR SIDE!" I tell him laughing
he stares at the board for a moment.
"Oh i see..." he says
"Get it?" i ask with a sigh?
"not at all." he says
I sighed, i think he got it eventually.laugh

it was fun
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.