Subject: are you happy with Sector 6? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Häusler
Germany
Donauwörth
flag msg tools
mbmb
are the miniatures like you wanted them to be?

are your tiles good centered? or miscut?

is it worth your 25$?

@me
im happy that i got my KS, its my first delivery so im fine
the miniatures dont look very detailed, could be better
my tiles are good and the tokens are a bit miscut, but nothing to worry about

my biggest problem is the gaming time, really 30-60 mins? this sounds not true. its much faster

additional the gameplay: its not very tactical for me? only rush for the good spots, maybe the ready build scenarios are better? Survival mode is only short fun.

if i would have seen this game in a store, i wouldnt have bought it, now i have to enjoy it so its worth my investment ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna Schmitter
Germany
Castrop-Rauxel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had some issues with miscut and off-centered tiles, but I hope I will get them replaced (cause some are REALLY off).

I think the price is alright for the game though. The miniatures are good enough and I think I might paint them as well, certainly enough detail for that. I guess, the smaller the minis, the more difficult it is to get them detailed. I am only worried they might break, because some parts are so thin...
So I will probably put some foaming inside the inlay to protect the minis a bit more.

I have played with three people and with building the labyrinth and playing the 30-60 minutes seem about right. I guess it all depends on the players. If you have people who don't think too long, it might be quicker. But with us, thinking through the possibilities it actually takes some time for each player.
And because it is rather tactical, at least for us it was, you have to analyze the board each time it is your turn. We couldn't start the game with a specific strategy to win. We had had to rethink our tactic each turn.
So maybe it simply depends on the players, how tactical the game is. If everyone simply rushes for the best spots, it certainly might remain less tactical. But that didn't work with us. There was so much sabotage included...

I can just say, in a 3 player game, don't get stuck in a battle with only one opponent, the third player will be the happy winner

So, I think the game has nice replayability and I actually like that it is not so long, that is why I supported it. I have enough games with longer playtime in my shelf.

I guess the quality of the components is the only disappointment on my side, and as I mentioned earlier, I think I will get the worst tiles replaced, so all will be good on that end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Werner
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to play the game, as I just received it about an hour ago, but here's a copy and paste of what I put on the Kickstarter comments. Overall, I'm happy with the components at least. I'm uploading pictures of my game components to BGG now and will edit and add the images once done.

"Just arrived here in Pennsylvania, US! FYI for those wondering, I received an email confirmation of shipping on Aug 24th and did not have tracking.

Packaging was a cardboard box (not envelope as some have mentioned) with bubble wrap and a bit of extra cardboard padding. The main game box was shrink-wrapped, the hexagon special edition box was not. Strangely enough, the hex box is in perfect condition whereas the original box is slightly dinged, two of the corners are slightly squished; not a huge deal and pretty good for being shipped from Spain.

Generally speaking, components seem to be good quality at first glance. I received all components and in the correct amounts. I seem to be relatively unaffected by the off-center printing others have experienced. My oxygen markers all seem perfectly centered. My hex tiles could arguably have been printed SLIGHTLY too large because some of the "teeth" of the walls are cut off, but only ever so slightly, but they otherwise seem centered.

Minis seem decent quality to me. They're not Blood Rage quality but they're not the worst I've seen either. I will say they seem delicate due to how thin some of the limbs are. However, all my minis had all their arms and legs on arrival.
The play mat is HUGE. While not as thick as some neoprene components I've seen, it seems durable.

Will play soon!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived in North Carolina (yesterday officially, but I had to get it at Post Office today).
Game box and a few of the SG extras were in a good amount of bubble wrap, then in a flimsy envelope but it all made it without any damage. I think I got everything and actually got 3 of each miniature (which I think is 2 too many but I'm not positive). Tiles were fine, not really so much of an offset issue as the print was a bit too large for the tiles (which then cut some off when punched out. Miniature quality is bearly passable, will not paint mine. Coasters will make a good collector's item (okay, more likely a Christmas gift to someone I don't know well.) And the bag, while cute and all... not sure what it's for .

Rule/Story books look really good... I'm not a fan of the rule book referring to pictures in the picture book as I think it should be together but really that only matters while learning the game.

Overall, not bad (some of the comments got be a bit scared..so thanks everyone for lowering my expectations!!) for my first Spanish game (well from Spain, in English thank goodness)

So I guess count me happy. EDIT - played a bit more... not a great game for me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie C
msg tools
Just got mine. Box a bit dished. Die cutting OK, not perfect but acceptable. But I only recieved one of the third sculpt of minis (in red), so I need to ask for another to do a 6 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Townsend
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine came in yesterday (Oklahoma)
A little off on some of the printing, but nothing like some of the comments were eluding too.
Mine came bubble wrapped in an envelope, but no damage.
Haven't played it yet but I can't wait to.
Overall I'm pleased.
I feel bad for those that had issues, but it sounds like they will make it good if people email them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brazeal
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have yet to receive my copy I have been in touch with the manufacturer. Hope to get it soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My pieces are cut fine and I didn't notice anything off, except for the box insert. Their Kickstarter page shows that at $12,006 they unlocked the stretch goal for a PVC insert with cutouts to hold the hexagonal shapes. I didn't get this in my box, did anyone else?

Here's what my insert looks like:

Here's what their KS page shows it should look like:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Häusler
Germany
Donauwörth
flag msg tools
mbmb
no insert for me2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kempest wrote:
no insert for me2

I reached out to the game publisher on Facebook and here was their reply: "The PVC insert had to adapt to the final components of the game".

I'm guessing they are referring to adding more character pieces and the extra tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings,

As you said, the game includes a PVC inlay, but as new tiles, minis, and other language rules was unlocked during the campaign, the original design was changed in order to get enough space to include all of them.

Best regards,

Jose Manuel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Häusler
Germany
Donauwörth
flag msg tools
mbmb
Real boring game. Played pre-set dungeon (boring) and no real rotating
Played random build: even more boring

Do I missed some important game features/rules

Whats your experience with this game?

Enjoying it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Glez
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

The games played with the labyrinths from the manual normally don't last more than 30 minutes. I imagine that you would have started with these to learn gear management. At the beginning, the game seems simple and with few choices, but once you go deeper you'll see that it actually quite strategic. The author recommends using these labyrinths for your first games since building them is not random but requires planning. Laying out a labyrinth is a necessary part of experiencing the game on a deeper level.

People who have played the game in stores and at conventions really enjoyed it. It's possible, however, that this just isn't your kind of game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.