Popular Tags: [View All]
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I pulled this out and played an EPIC solo 6 player game with BC and everything this weekend....and finally finished this morning. Probably 15 hours total as solo takes forever.

Typical super long game, but fun. Alliance got stomped because Horde had the super team of Mage/Rogue/Shaman. All characters were randomly assigned but I might rethink that in the future.

Anyways, as I was putting it away, I figured I would count all the stuff just to make sure it was there. I got to looking at every single item card and I can't find a single one that's got Soulbound written on it.

Not even the promo armor cards.

Am I just being crazy or are there none and that is a random leftover rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trad Banik
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe only items on auction house event cards are soulbound, which aren't a part of the standard item decks.

PS: Grats on the epic 6p solo game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm...I'll have to take a look at them.

Though they don't have gold value anyways, so could not be sold regardless.

The game was great. I love dungeons, but they are very unbalancing if the other team doesn't do them at the same rate.

I almost always push until I have every single card for each level in play, though. It makes it fairly difficult sometime, but you level up like crazy and get tons of gear and gold that way.

The armor promo cards are still OP, especially in comparison to the BC cards that often have weird conditions on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newby
England
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic effort!

I think items can be traded maybe, but soulbound items can't? I don't think it's just around selling the items (but I could be wrong!).

I house rule dungeons slightly so that if all levels are completed then the dungeon is cleared and is removed from the game (prevents farming).

Only if a party leaves or is defeated in a dungeon does the dungeon restock. Works for us! :-)

Still enjoying this huge game. So much so I bought painted Warcraft and D&D figures to plonk down on the board if a Boss card is drawn. I won't tell you how long it took to match all the bosses with their correct minis!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I also remove dungeons once all the treasure is gone.

Though, with one trip, I typically use every single card in each level to gain all the XP, gold and items at once. It can be rough, but with all 3 characters from one faction in each battle, they can take tons of hits and blow all their energy, knowing that a level up will restore them all. plus they can train before the next level.

Then the party levels so fast, you would never revisit the same dungeon anyways, since they are higher than it's level.

The soulbound items seem confined to auction items from the Event deck. Honestly, most of those are of such limited usefulness, I often forget to even include them in combat calculations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.