Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played a solo game where Leslie Lou had the (+1/-1) option and rolled a B1, which results in a HBP. Now I would think most of the time you would normally use the +1 to make it B2, but there's nothing I could find in the rules or on the card that states the AI will do this.

Is this an instance of where you simply got lucky/unlucky by being hit, or should we use best judgement on the situation and do what we would do if we were in that situation(generally bump to B2)? Just seems odd that the default seems to be that the batter gets hit.

Thanks.

Sorry if this was answered before, I searched but didn't find anything.

Bruce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Louder
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
I just played a solo game where Leslie Lou had the (+1/-1) option and rolled a B1, which results in a HBP. Now I would think most of the time you would normally use the +1 to make it B2, but there's nothing I could find in the rules or on the card that states the AI will do this.

Is this an instance of where you simply got lucky/unlucky by being hit, or should we use best judgement on the situation and do what we would do if we were in that situation(generally bump to B2)? Just seems odd that the default seems to be that the batter gets hit.

Thanks.

Sorry if this was answered before, I searched but didn't find anything.

Bruce

It's a HBP. The AI pitcher will always modify to the lowest number for Balls. You can't go lower than 1, therefore, HBP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.