Subject: Defense Value? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Collins
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know it's possible to increase a Garrison. (I just did it in our Chapter Three.) Has anyone found a way to increase Defense of a province please? I can't find anything in the rules. If something unlocks later I would rather not have the details thanks. I'll wait to see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Marsh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
varianor wrote:
I know it's possible to increase a Garrison. (I just did it in our Chapter Three.) Has anyone found a way to increase Defense of a province please? I can't find anything in the rules. If something unlocks later I would rather not have the details thanks. I'll wait to see it.

nothing in the base rules allows you to increase defense value - only garrison and the plunder values of your fields
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By subtracting dice, garrison indirectly increases the defense, but as Colin said, there is nothing in the base rules to allow you to increase it directly.

(And keep in mind that certain structures can increase garrison, as can the presence of your ships. And once they *do* raid you, enmity is treated very similarly to an increased garrison.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The closest thing is that upgraded fields have higher Defence than basic ones. Otherwise, no, Garrison is it.
Out of curiosity, why do you ask?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Collins
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
The closest thing is that upgraded fields have higher Defence than basic ones. Otherwise, no, Garrison is it.

Our group playing (four of us) was putting together a checklist to simplify resolving endeavors. Someone commented that you can improve Garrison but not Defense. I figured I should double check even though I've read the rules cover to cover like a dozen times?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
varianor wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:

Our group playing (four of us) was putting together a checklist to simplify resolving endeavors. Someone commented that you can improve Garrison but not Defense. I figured I should double check even though I've read the rules cover to cover like a dozen times?

That's a good reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Marsh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
varianor wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:

That's a good reason.

this is a good idea. would you mind sharing it as you update it throughout your campaign? i imagine it would help a good number of people. endeavors can get tricky as more rules are revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Collins
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
colinmarsh wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:
varianor wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:

That's a good reason.

this is a good idea. would you mind sharing it as you update it throughout your campaign? i imagine it would help a good number of people. endeavors can get tricky as more rules are revealed.

I'm not the author I'm just a kibbitzer. That said, I'll ask definitely!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.