Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernd Wechner
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the rules somewhat vague on the question of how to determine who has denounced whom. How do people play this in general and do they have any experiences to share?

Is it one denunciation per turn for all players, or one denuncaiation per turn for each player? My reading of the rules is the former.

Do you take turns denouncing one another or just go for it all simultaneoulsy? My reading of the rules is the latter?

Can you denonuce someone by accident just by lookking at them? My reading of the rules is yes.

If so, if two people are looking at each other, who is denonucing whom?

Frankly I find it all a bit perplexing! I am curious how people run this part of the game.

The rules are very clear on what happens once you know who has denounced whom, but surprisingly vague on actually working out who denounced whom!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Haffner
France
Sologny
Saône-et-Loire - Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:How do people play their denunciations?
Hello everybody ! Excuse my bad english ... I'm trying to explain the denunciation period ???

1) Everyone prepare his cards on the table, at a reasonable distance from the board. One card is open and all the others closed. Each player hides his cards behind his hands.
2) When all the players are ready, the first player answers with words like : "everobody is ready ?" or something like this...
3) If it's Ok, the first player then says "3, 2, 1, go!" and all players take their hands off. Everyone can now see all the cards on the table. The "denunciation time" starts.

During the denunciation time, all the players can move to see the cards of any player.
There is denunciation as soon as a player denounces clearly another, by a gesture or a word. But there is also a denunciation when a player adopts an attitude which encourages obviously the other players to denounce one of them.
To be clear, a player who thinks that a project is faked must denounce it itself, or must abstain from any attitude which would encourage the other players to denounce the faked cards in his place. The fact of voluntarily drawing the attention of the other players to suspect cards thus constitutes in fact a denunciation.

The period of denunciation is tended enough. It should not however be transformed into a contest of immobility! It is not the intention of the author... The only incorrect attitude is to encourage the others to denounce in its place, in order not to be penalized if the contract is not faked or not enough! So, if a player notes such a denouncer attitude, it can ask that this behavior be regarded as denunciation. In case of doubt, the players can possibly discuss and vote (but I never had to vote during the several games I played).

In short:
A player can move the head, speak, look at the cards of another player... That is not regarded as denunciation.

There is denunciation as soon as a player:
- clearly denounces another player ;
- has voluntarily an attitude which encourages the other players to denounce one of them. In the latter case, it is the player who adopts the incorrect attitude which is regarded as the denouncer.

But by pity, do not overpower the first player who coughs or a player who would have nervous twitches!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Wechner
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:How do people play their denunciations?
Francois,

Thank you enormously for the clarifications. I think it's worthwhile putting them in the rule sif and when a new edition would permit. Here's proposal that I'll run with as a rules addendum I think - it kind of clarifies the section for me:

Denunciation

All players simultaneously reveal their projects. Everyone now has a chance to denounce another player's project - that is, accuse them of having an illegal project (containing more then or less than the legal count of 3 cards). Any player who encourages another player to denounce a project is deemed to have denounced that project themselves. That is, it is not possible to have someone else do the dirty work for you - if you suspect someone you must denounce them yourself. If there is any disagreement as to who is denouncing whom put it to a quick vote with the denounced player(s) breaking ties if need be. If no one chooses to denounce then the projects are executed as normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Boisselle
Canada
Boucherville
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Within the realm of color, the shadows often assume responsibility for the awkward shine of yellow.
mbmbmbmbmb
When you reveal your cars, the other cards are hidden, right?
'Cause if you put them underneath the one your showing, the others will obviously
see that you have less or more cards than the three allowed.

So my question is basically how you guys manage the cards showing versus the cards hidden and preventing people from cheating when they hide their cards?

I've played the game several times with the basic rules and we want to move on to the advances rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Haffner
France
Sologny
Saône-et-Loire - Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best practice is to place its cards with the shown card above, by hiding them with the hands. When everyone reveals the cards at the same time, one can sometimes see that there is too much or not enough cards here and there.

But one should not precipitate to denounce the first player whom one sees cheating. It is more interesting to denounce a player who has many points than a player who has few points.

And if many players are cheating, only one can be denounced! Be cool and hope this one is not you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Boisselle
Canada
Boucherville
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Within the realm of color, the shadows often assume responsibility for the awkward shine of yellow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Merci pour les clarifications Francois!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david karasick
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scoring question
Do you score for huts in a linear adjacent row only, or additionally if they are orthogonally adjacent [ next to, in a straight line or side-by side]?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.