Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As competitive players may be aware, registration for the 2017 Worlds was extended a little (it's now closed). On the Organized Play twitter feed, inquiring players wanted to know how the upcoming events would be effected by changes to the MWL. I've included a screen cap below:

While we are expecting some announcement regarding an updated MWL that will take effect prior to this big event, the mention of card legality suggests the possibility of a functional Core 2.0 list, of which there has been much rumor and speculation. What does appear to be certain from this post is that FFG will post this announcement sometime tomorrow- so stay tuned.

This is the link to the product legality page:
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/1d/92...

Depending on the changes that are introduced, it's likely to create an interesting environment for worlds. Wishing everyone luck as they prepare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting catch, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Sanjay raised the question of legality in general terms, and they responded by mentioning the one change they'd need to make for the early rotation that we already knew about.

If they do happen to have other announcements to make, that'd be a good time, but that's about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd also note that product legality update can simply be read as explicitly listing the things that are not legal.

Right now on the legality page - it lists all of the sets (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/legality/)

Presumably, when rotation occurs the first 12 packs are just removed from the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain_Frisk wrote:
I'd also note that product legality update can simply be read as explicitly listing the things that are not legal.

Right now on the legality page - it lists all of the sets (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/legality/)

Presumably, when rotation occurs the first 12 packs are just removed from the list.

yeah, this is how i read it. A core 2.0 announce seems like a stretch and reading way more into it than was said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do we think it's tomorrow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG promised an update by end of week on twitter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just reading it as new MWL (that's what it says explicitly), and that they'll implement rotation -- nothing to indicate that the set of cards rotating is any different from what we currently think it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain_Frisk wrote:
FFG promised an update by end of week on twitter.

They promised an update to their Product Legality page by EOW. Which happened yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, color me embarrassed. I totally misinterpreted the importance of that recent twitter post; sorry for misleading anyone with my enthusiasm. I thought this would be a reasonable opportunity for FFG to release the next version of the MWL, which I presume will still occur sometime prior to the October 1st rotation incept date.

Apologies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you're right. After all, I was bullish that they would simultaneously release Core 2 and pack 8.1 at Gen Con, and clearly that didn't remotely happen.

My current theory remains:

1) Cycle 8 and Core 2 are fully designed and tested.
2) They can't announce Cycle 8 until after announcing Core 2, because there are cards they want to preview that are designed not to coexist with whatever they're deleting from Core 1. It would be a huge thing to dance around to announce a whole post-rotation subject without mentioning that particular elephant in the room.
3) They can't announce Core 2 until closer to release date because if they just put it out there, it could make life difficult for late adopters who don't own the Genesis/Spin cards that are going into Core 2.
4) They can't release Core 2 because all of their production lines that are tooled for LCG Core Sets either are or have been pumping out L5R product because they found out at Gen Con just how high demand is.

New hotness big seller > older game that won't actually move that many units of physical product.

And so, Netrunner is just getting pushed out on the calendar by production dependencies.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.