5 Posts

The Climbers» Forums » General

Subject: 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw that this is coming out again. How does it fare as a 2 player game? Does it play okay, or does it need more than 2 to make it good?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
flag msg tools
PM me your type of "Soul Food"!
badge
mhhh...
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to know, too.

The community poll on the game page says it's recommended with 2-5, but best with 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bunyan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never dared play with two - I just don't think it's worth it. The best part of the game is the alliances that form between lower climbers in order to catch whoever's on top. Without that it's more of a puzzle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
msg tools
badge
Caught you 'mirin'.
mbmbmbmbmb
The game feels "fine" at 2-players. On the bright side, turns go by much quicker in what is arguably an AP-prone game. However, there are far less tense decisions (depending on the layout, of course) because your decision space is much more open. It does ramp up towards the end, but I would not recommend this game if two player is your primary player count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoy it quite a bit at two. Most abstracts scale to two rather naturally. Haven't played enough to say it is great at two, but it has a permanent place in my two player collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.