Let Them Eat Cake» Forums » Rules

Subject: Keeping a General during Food Inspector phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicole Ridcully
Qatar
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've just read through the game's rulebook and there's a part there under the Food Inspector phase that I don't understand:

If the batch is declared unsafe, all Cake cards the Secretary laid out get sent to the bottom of the Pantry Deck. Players who got dealt a General may still keep it – it is placed face up beside their Pawns.

What does it mean by keeping a face-up General? Weren't the cards dealt by the Secretary in the previous phase all face-up anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
Come together, together as one
badge
Perhaps in a perfect world, the ring would be a symbol of happiness
mbmb
themorporkian wrote:
I've just read through the game's rulebook and there's a part there under the Food Inspector phase that I don't understand:

If the batch is declared unsafe, all Cake cards the Secretary laid out get sent to the bottom of the Pantry Deck. Players who got dealt a General may still keep it – it is placed face up beside their Pawns.

What does it mean by keeping a face-up General? Weren't the cards dealt by the Secretary in the previous phase all face-up anyway?

That rule is just saying that players given generals by the secretary get to keep them even if the food inspector decides the food is no good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.