Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stathis Kokkinakis
Greece
Nea Ionia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone!!

I found this game for a good price, in my opinion at 44€ (hardcover) with shipping. It is in my wishlist (love to have) for some time now.

I don't mind (very much) the mistakes, since there is an errata and even a file with stickers! And we really enjoy consulting detective and the Cthulhu mythos!

"So why don't you get it?" you say?

Reading the forum before making the final decision, I read (even from the creators) that there is an expansion in the works..

Since the previous game was in Kickstarter, in my experience (and after 60+ games that I have backed) if this goes live, I am pretty sure there is going to be a revised edition of the base game as an add-on.

So.. what should I do? Buy it now and ,maybe, regret it in a couple of months? Or just wait for the 2nd printing? And what if that never happens and will never have the chance to get it in the future? Will Cthulhu forgive me?

Help..!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krista Donnelly
United States
Beltsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would buy it. If there is an expansion (and that's not guaranteed), it looks to me like it's at least a year or two in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not so sure that there will be a revised edition. Maybe, but even so means a wait. Depends how badly your group wants to play it. It's an intense experience, imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fuller
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may not be cut and dried as that, so if you are interested I'd do it. Expansions are the equivalent of compiling an anthology of stories since it's so narrative-driven content, and that may take a while with a lot of moving parts to rely upon.

Additionally, it would be cheaper I think for them to just maybe include a smaller tier with revised rules and errata (new case books or map etc) which wouldn't necessitate an entire reprint of the base game.

With the files and forum at hand, we've had a blast playing this game and have not suffered for it. I'm sure the first few months of its release was frustrating, but it's really a solid game and the people behind it aren't fly-by-night with regards to their presentation or production overall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stathis Kokkinakis
Greece
Nea Ionia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone for your quick responses!

I really look forward for this intense experience!

Has anyone heard anything official if there is going/not going to be a revised edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alderman
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get it, hands down. I love it.

As for the Revised or Expansions, I got a chance to chat with the designers and writers at Dice Tower Con back in July (2017) and they made it seem like one day it would happen, but that writing hasn't even started. It didn't seem like much of a fire was under them, from the way I interpreted it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lheureux
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's a good price get it!!! I love this game and the theme and setting and writing and production are all wicked good. The errors in the writing are understandable and forgivable and so easy to correct without spoiling too much at all thanks to files on this forum. If you are interested in this style of game I would suggest it for sure. Super fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Redheaded Pharmacist
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get it. Waiting for a revised edition or errata correction could take a very long time. If you think this style game is your cup of tea and the theme is appealing at all I'd buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.